Chapter 34

My father would kill me

Before I could stop myself, I burst out laughing. It wasn't a pleasant or amused laugh, it was more dumbfounded than anything else. If I hadn't already gotten the entire room's attention before, I certainly did afterward. I could feel the electric tension created by my sudden outburst. Some of the looks I'd been getting were amused before, but now they were all unsure what to expect. With that uncertainty came palpable silence, and I took the chance to speak freely. I just needed to get out of the den as quickly as possible.

"It seems like you've got the wrong idea about me. I haven't had any say in my involvement with your son. He left, you all left, and I didn't tell any of you to come back. I'm sick of people like you thinking that I'm just going to put up with your shitty insults! If you have a problem with our 'relationship' do what an actual father would and talk to your son." Mr. Sin's eyebrows started to raise and I knew he'd snap at me, but I had no intention of letting him speak and take over again.

"You told me I'm breaking laws by being here, but I didn't come here uninvited. Don't ask people to go somewhere if you're going to use it against them when they humor your request. It just makes you look incompetent." I could feel the weight of his eyes on me growing heavier. That familiar pressure building up in the back of my head, telling me to shut the hell up for fear of being killed. I knew what I was saying was dangerous, but I wanted to diffuse the situation here and now.

"I have never called for Hunter's help, and to be honest, I don't think I ever will. If you really want to wring my neck, papa wolf, then that's fine. Just make sure you don't get salty if I don't make it easy for you. I apologize for the interruption and I bid you all adieu." I took a bow and twisted on my heels as a snarl twisted the man's features.

I started to walk away before waiting for any sort of response. The hateful stares coming my way were like daggers into my spine, but I was glad I had left the den's entrance open. The moment I glanced back, I saw Mr. Sin nod his head in my direction and a handful of men rose to their feet. I took off running just as they left their tables.

I didn't even bother attempting to lug that two ton hunk of iron door closed behind me. I hopped the desk, and threw myself right through the nearest window. As I rolled across the broken glass a wolf dove right above me and slammed into a parked car, smashing in its side and struggling to free itself. I didn't wait for the howls to grow closer as I darted away from the building.

"Damn it!" I should have known it would come to this. It was only a matter of time before my stupidity would catch up to me. I mean I slept with a damn werewolf!

For the first time, I was honestly thanking coach Clinton for his hell-on-earth training. I felt like I was doing suicide drills, dipping down and cutting into a different direction whenever the pack lunged at me. Running through the park would be a terrible idea, trees and woods were a wolf's best friend. Finding a large body of water would be decent if I could handle the cold. I would need to discard my clothes afterward, but at least then they would lose my scent. I closed my eyes while running and tried to rely on protocol to plan my moves. Obviously the largest wolf chose that moment to catch up and tackle me from the side.

The tackle pushed me over and I rolled into the fall. Rising back to my feet, I found myself in the woods not too far from home. I should have been miles from home, but of course I got lost. The memory of the night this all started flashed before my eyes.

I leapt forward and tore off a large branch. The next wolf to dive at me got a mouthful of tree bark, but I never expected another one to jump right over it. He caught my left arm in his fangs while coming down on top of me. I felt the harsh sting of his razor sharp teeth penetrate my skin. I frantically grabbed at the ground with my right hand. My fist filled with a mound of dirt and rock. I launched it as hard as I could into the snarling mutt's right eye before it could do any more damage.

The loud yelp it gave was almost too satisfying as the beast jumped off me and began shifting back into its human form. His friends ignored him and kept coming after me so I had no time to rest. I came hurtling out into the clearing near my house. Get inside, he growled into my thoughts.

Hunter's voice inside my head nearly knocked me over with its clarity. I saw him standing beside my home, looking genuinely annoyed. Blood was soaking into my jacket sleeve and I desperately wanted to run home. I could see my parents in the second story window and the alarmed look on their faces when they saw my situation. They were probably expecting me to run inside, but I couldn't. The wolves were still on my tail and my protocol was to never bring danger home. I had to find a way to take care of these shitty mutts alone.

 I dragged myself further away from home as fast as I could while the hateful snarls grew even closer. I drove one foot into the ground suddenly to bring myself to an instant halt. Then I swung around and lashed out with the heel of my shoe just as the closest wolf caught up. I felt another satisfying crack as the kick connected. I heard my father shouting from the house, but I ignored him. I was far too busy running away.

There was no doubt I was in trouble. Even if I survived this whole wolf fight, my father would kill me himself.

Hello! This chapter was uploaded by Storyteller :) I'll be taking over the uploads until Blitzguy returns to NYC.

So, how about them action scenes? ;) I fecking loved the way Jake stood up for himself in front of the pack, but what do you guys think?