✗ PROLOGUE ✗

If Sebastian Faze could pinpoint and narrow down the exact moment he grew infatuated on the boy who made his heart want to leap out of his chest and scream out his love, he wouldn't be able to, simply because love didn't happen that way

There was never one exact moment that stood out from the rest, that one exact moment that made him realize the half-Asian, half-causcascian boy who smoked at the back of dumpsters to avoid facing reality was somebody he would fall head over heels in love with, because there were so many to choose from. In order to feel that way for someone you have to know they existed before anything else, and up until halfway the summer after senior year, that boy was only a mop of shaggy dark hair amongst the tidal wave of nameless faces crowding the hallway. Sebastian might've heard a muttered apology for bumping into him on accident, might've seen him out of the corner of his eye as he picked up groceries for his mom, but he never felt anything remarkable that made his breath stop short. That boy was just background noise, another human with a life of his own that Sebastian never even considered he might become a part of.

That particular boy was named Niko Salinger, a remarkable thorn in the monotomy of Sebastian's suburban routine, and he changed the course of everything by making any irrelevance in Sebastian's life mean something.

He made Sebastian mean something.

And nothing was ever the same.