✗ FOURTY-SIX ✗

It's been a few weeks since he had officially come out of the closet

It's been a few weeks since he had officially come out of the closet. Surprisingly, the whole situation blew away from people's attention and the topic bled out of people's gossip quite drastically, especially after Kaitlyn Rivers turned out to be pregnant with her boyfriend's best friend's baby and Jonathan Swill vomited onto Caleb Moore's mom at his party.

Sure, some of Niko's old guy friends refuse to acknowledge him in the way they used to but life went on relatively unchanged from that moment on. He was glad for it, though.

There's no more coveted looks to Sebastian and nobody was surprised when he held Sebastian's hand. As expected, they became that "one gay couple" at school, which made their teachers protect them and the girls fawn over them. Regardless, everything was okay- and everybody, even if it took a while to get used, eventually adjusted to the idea of him and Sebastian sharing a peck in the hallways. 

It was all he ever could've wanted, and then some.

He parked the car on the side of the road when dusk hit, the last of the day was light pinking up the sky. He headed out of his car and strode up to Sebastian's driveway. They were going to tell Sebastian's mother that they were officially a couple and what should've been fear fluttering in his stomach was excitement. Everyone could finally know. They didn't have to hide anything anymore.

Niko stopped in his tracks, wondering when the hell did he become such a soft sap. Probably when he began to hang around Sebastian.

A crash erupted over the sweet silence that expanded over the whole day. Frowning, he tried the door handle, which wasn't locked. He swung it open and heard shouting noises coming from the living room. Sebastian's stepfather, Greg, was yelling at Sebastian's mother, Juliet, fists raised, face a deep beetroot colour.

From the staircase, Niko could see Sebastian coming out of his room and travelling down the stairs with despair heavy in his eyes at the commotion. Niko could understand that this wasn't the first time.

Niko peeked through the gap as Greg was vehemently tirading against Juliet's tiny, wiry frame as she's crying. Then, his hand, which was a carrying a beer bottle, struck out and slammed into Juliet's face and chin, knocking her down as the beer bottle shatter and slice her cheek. Niko gasped and almost rushed out to help her if it wasn't for Sebastian furiously shaking his head by the stairs, mouthing 'don't' and then later 'he'll hurt you'. 

"What the fuck, Greg?" He could hear Violet screaming, rushing to her mother's aid. "You're a piece of shit."

"Shut the fuck up, you stupid bitch," Greg spat at her.

Their eyes met when silence elapsed once again. Hide, Sebastian's Siberian husky blue eyes seem to say, or he'll jump on you.

Niko nodded and retreated back out the door, turning away but not before glancing over his shoulder. Sebastian mouthed: I have an idea.

Niko's stomach tingled.

He didn't have a good feeling about this. 

-

i'm so so nervous about this part because i don't think i ever released it in my main account and this is literally building up to the darkest part of the novel as well as the ending.

if you thought drugs were the worst things they could do, aHOYYYY. 

boy, you're in a RIDEEEE

also also, since boys of suburbia IS ending 

i guess you should know american teenagers is coming up and i'm PUMPED

SPEAKING OF WHICH Y'ALL SHOULD CHECK IT OUT

IT'S GIRLXGIRL and it's set in the 90s and it's based off 'American Teen' by Khalid yo

so it's bound to be litttt

dedicated to -quaranteen.