✗ TWENTY-SIX ✗

Niko didn't want to be here

Yet he was, sweaty and slightly drunk, surrounded by the thick air both musty and sweet, choking his sensitive nose. The throngs of people on the floor moved slight and slow, mimicking the beats of the song that was blaring, the bass edited to perfection, the vibrations making the grains of salt that circled the rim of his drink fall into the cracks of the weathered bar.

Sebastian was by his side, inexplicably uncomfortable by his surroundings, not used to the smoky veil that coated the inside of the bar.

"Niko, my lad!" Roger, turned up by the party, literally came out of nowhere, pushing himself out of the crowd as he greeted Niko, who put on a less-than-ecstatic smile as he registered the other boy.

"Roger," greeted Niko, "How are you?"

Sebastian swallowed a good gulp of his drink and wiped his mouth, turning his face so the darkness of the club could swallow him up and Roger wouldn't be able to see him.

"You got our drugs?" Davey practically huffed over, red-faced from waddling all over here.

"Shout a little louder, will you?" bristled Niko, hissing, holding the ragged Target bag full of enough assorted illegal substances to keep London high for a month, along with a helpful crumpled list of what went to who for how much out of Davey's grabby fingers, who attempted to make a reach for Niko's items but failed as Niko's rugby-enhanced super fast reflexes ducked out of Davey's ways.

"How much?" Roger interrupted Davey, giving him a stern look that shut him up instantly. Finally, Sebastian thought, he couldn't stop rolling his eyes whenever that turd talked.

Niko rolled his eyes, "You know how much, Roger. This isn't your first deal. Forty quid for a pound."

Roger pouted, resembling an overgrown man with a childish face, "Yeah but wouldn't you give me a little discount? I'm your best mate!"

Niko wouldn't budge. Shaking his head, Niko's serious expression didn't even waver as he rigidly held onto his target bag full of shit. "No. I need to charge forty quid a pound or not Don will have my arse."

"Oh come on, Niks," Davey backed Roger up, jumping in, "We're your guys. You know us."

"You heard him," Sebastian spoke, surprised at himself for such courage and was even more surprised when he realised there was no fear infecting his speech at the sudden turn of the attention being given to him. "Niko said no. Forty quid a pound or beat it. Niko could find a better business anywhere else."

Roger's face scrunched up into a sneer as soon as the words left Sebastian's mouth. "I don't need a bloody fag-"

Maybe it was the alcohol talking but before Roger could finish his sentence, Sebastian saw a blur of red and his fist sprawling. Abruptly, there was pain and friction in Sebastian's fingers and a sound of something cracking apart and the release of gravity taking it's toll and pushing somebody to the ground. There was screaming and someone restraining him, pulling on his arm, taking him away. His world blurred, zooming out and then zoomed it again, making him realise how his fist was now throbbing with pain and Roger was on the floor.

Sebastian blinked. He had punched Roger. Fucking Roger. And it had sent him toppling down on the ground like a house of cards.

There was a commotion- not the type that had been going on. It was a different one now. One with the music shut off, screaming, the crowd urging for blood, urging for them to fight, the girls freaking out a bit, wondering if Roger was dead, Davies with wide eyes and speechless, gawking at him and then gawking at Roger, who was still immobile, bleeding and trying to figure out what just happened.

"Sebastian!"

Niko voice anchored him back to reality. "Motherfucker," swore Niko, looking at Roger staggering to get ground, "We- we need to get out of here. Come on, let's go."

"No, it's fine." Sebastian heard himself say but it didn't sound much like him. "We can stay."

"No," interrupted another voice. Both of their heads swirled and saw Violet emerging right next to Niko, deadly and silent, like a soundless hurricane. In a cutthroat black mini dress, Violet roughly took them both by their arms and dragged them out of the public sight before Roger regained his balance and knock them both out of next week.

"Come on," muttered Violet, pushing a falling lock out of her eyes as she led the way out of the confusion, seeming to know the club back doors like a pro- Sebastian wasn't shocked. "We need to get out of here."

-

so that was fast.

and abrupt but I feel like things need to happen and i've been working on the plot of another story but anyway, here it is!

anyway, please vote, comment and check out some of my other stuff!