✗ TWENTY EIGHT ✗

"Put this on your hand," advised Jaxxie- the mysterious guy who Violet had indirectly introduced them to- as he handed Sebastian a heating pad

"Put this on your hand," advised Jaxxie- the mysterious guy who Violet had indirectly introduced them to- as he handed Sebastian a heating pad. Sebastian accepted it graciously, bowing his head and muttering his thanks softly. Niko himself had previously helped Sebastian in cleaning up the blood off his hands and settled the heating pad nicely on Sebastian's blue and purple knuckles.

"And here are some beers for you lads," Jaxxie swung the two beer bottles into their sight and plunked it on the wooden desk.

"Thanks," Niko said appreciatively and took a large swig of the ale, licking his lips at the coolness of the drink, and glanced over at Sebastian, who became meek and silent all of the sudden. Niko nudged his shoulder, "You okay?"

A smile flitted past Sebastian's lips at Niko's display of concern. "I'm fine."

"That was a wicked right hook, by the way," Niko grinned and pushed the beer into Sebastian's uninjured hand. "It's to be admired."

Sebastian snorted and drank a massive gulp down, "Alright," he sighed, and cast a look over at Jaxxie, who had made a detour over to Violet. Violet was exploring the area- which happened to be like a grimy, dark staff room for the pub, where beer containers were stored and basic stools were used as seating equipment for now. Jaxxie joined her, trailing his hand behind her waist and she turned to look at him. That Daredevil smirk crawled upon her face again and they began exchanging talk, their heads put together and their voices low.

Niko could easily see how attracted to Violet and nervous Jaxxie was- scratching the back of his head, angling his hips and toughening up his chest to appear cool in a certain way, trying really hard to impress her.

"I can't believe I actually punch him," said a dazed Sebastian, still starstruck with the fact that he had done such an act of bravery. He shifted the heating pad up, revealing purple black knuckles. "Like socked him."

"I'm glad you did," replied Niko seriously, surprised at himself since Roger was his friend- well used to be but still. He and Roger were two peas in a pod. A year ago and he would've died for Roger in brotherhood. "He deserved it."

"It was stupid," Sebastian muttered bitterly, shaking his head, "Now who's gonna buy the drugs?"

Niko tried not to panic internally, realising the fault in the situation, and tightened his lips, biting them so they would keep out things he was too afraid to say. "We'll find a way. We always do."

"You sure?" They were so close that those words were only for Niko to hear, to be worthy of.

"Yeah," Niko's lips were so close to his that Sebastian could feel the ghost of his kiss. "I promise." 

-

anyway, please vote + comment. <3