✗ TWENTY-SEVEN ✗

"What the hell were you doing at a place like that?" accused Violet heatedly once they scampered out into the deserted streets of the darkened night

"What the hell were you doing at a place like that?" accused Violet heatedly once they scampered out into the deserted streets of the darkened night. It was currently on one in the morning, pretty late to most people but plenty early for Sebastian- especially since he started hanging out with Niko, his nights were sleepless and his days were restless.

"He followed me," Niko stepped in for Sebastian, his stare never leaving Sebastian, trailing down to Sebastian's fist- which was throbbing in pain, rusted with Roger's dry blood that spurted out from his mouth and nose when they fell in contact with Roger's face. "I needed to deal some stuff for cash."

Violet breathed heavy with indecision. The smudged eyeliner made her cold blue eyes pop even more and more disconcerting than they already were- "Alright, I won't tell Mum."

Sebastian narrowed his eyes, "Tell mum? What about if I told on you?"

"Then I'll easily get in trouble if it gets you out of trouble," huffed Violet, leading them down this rather ominous alleyway- a whole world of bricked walls and trash cans strewn all over the place. "Come on, I know a good place to get your hand fixed up."

Humming slightly, Violet dandily skipped over a mountain of blue garbage bins and guided them down a corner they've never been before. They were just at the street his music lessons used to be on but they were heading down the curve between two narrow buildings he had never seen. Stuck in a small town, he thought he had explored all the nooks and crannies of Bristol there was to see.

Niko was quiet as he obediently followed Violet, eyes fixed on his sister. "Have you been here before?" he whispered to Niko.

Niko hesitated. "Once."

"When?"

"We're here," said Violet, stopping in a nondescript metal back door of one of the shop lots on the streets. Sebastian could see it was a pub through the tinted barred window and it was one of those pubs that were slow and quiet, with not too many people crowded in one place and music blasting at the top of their speakers. It had smooth jazz roasting out delicately, muffled by the metal door. Violet knocked, pounding on it, interrupting the serenity of the night.

"Oi, Jaxxie!"

There was a rattle of locks going behind the metal door and it swung open, revealing a tanned boy rubbing his eyes irritatedly as he glared down from the elevated doorway. The boy appeared to be sleeping before he was ruthlessly plucked from sleep, showing up in only boxers and a lazy sweater. "What do you want?"

"Several pints of beer and a band aid, will you?" Violet answered casually, bumping him in the shoulders as she strode firmly through the back door like she had done it a million times despite the fact that Sebastian had no idea who the guy was or the fact that Violet knew a guy he had no idea about. But he should've expected it, especially from Violet. Violet was a vagabond with an ingrained sense of adventure, always roaming the restless nights- he never knew where she goes, just hoping- especially when she started sneaking out- that she'd be alright. She left at midnight, came back at five, catch a few hours of sleep and head to school, resuming the regular teen life her parents thought she had.

Violet and Sebastian were so different that there was a vast world in between them, splitting their personalities from each other. Violet was glitzy and glamorous, popular and spontaneous, not a shred of stability or certainty, never belonging to one entity or tied down with attachments. While Sebastian, on the other hand, was shy and timid and hated anything unexpected, preferring the monotone of his routines and the comfort of people he knew.

"What the bloody hell, Vi?" whinged Jaxxie, yawning as he stretched and stared at Violet who began exploring the darkened kitchen behind the Authorize Personnel barricade of the pub. Music was louder now, soothing to Sebastian's ears. "What are you doing here? I thought you never wanted to see me again."

A mystery of a smile flittered over Violet's lip. Even though they were siblings with the same parents, Sebastian could hardly ever understand Violet. "But babe," she pouted, "I missed you."

"More like you need a favour," grumbled Jaxxie, "Alright, who are the lads?" Jaxxie jerked his head over to Sebastian and Niko, who had skillfully kept quiet throughout the whole ordeal.

"The boy with the bloody hand is my baby brother," Violet cheekily introduced, placing her delicate chin of Jaxxie's shoulder as she made eye-contact with Sebastian, silently telling him it was alright. They were safe now. "And the other is his boyfriend."

"He's not my-"

"We're not-"

Violet snorted, eyes twinkling mischievously as she gestured for them to come inside the back door. "If that's your story. Now come in from the cold and don't be afraid- Jaxxie doesn't bite, well, usually. And remember to introduce yourself and get yourself cleaned up."

done. it's kind of slow right now but soon it'll come back up and everything goes downhill. XD  also dedicated to sagedidwho for the wonderful coverrrr x