✗ FOURTEEN ✗

Niko and Roger weren't exactly friends anymore, but they still were- according to Roger's knowledge

Niko and Roger weren't exactly friends anymore, but they still were- according to Roger's knowledge. As he spent more time with Sebastian, he now realised how Roger's rape jokes weren't funny, how Roger's whole gang was stupid and incompetent and neither do all of them had the wit Sebastian had. Now, their non-friendship was just a tedious arrangement that used to work for him. It was just a way of him to deal as many drugs to people and earn as much money as he could.

At the moment, Sebastian and Niko, along with Derrick-Sebastian's weird friend who he claimed wasn't really a friend- were lying on the grass, fanned out in a striped sort of sunny spot under the bleachers, while taking turns sipping the cocktail they'd created from the cans of coke Sebastian had smuggled from the grocery store during his shift, Derrick's three cans of Monster Energy, and a bottle of whiskey stashed down the very bottom of Niko's backpack when Derrick's phone provided a rude awakening.

"Hello," Derrick picked up on the fifth ring, "Mum?"

The two other boys spectated in wild fascination as there was a loud, shrill explosion at the other end of the line. A frantic expression crossed Derrick's features, arranging itself into one of panic- then irritation. "Oh My God, Mum. Bloody hell, why can't you just- I didn't swear at you- Mum- fine, I'll be home in ten."

"What's wrong?" Sebastian asked innocently.

"My mother," grumbled Derrick, "I have to head home for a while. See you, lads, later." Derrick bid his goodbye with a curt nod of the head and picked up his Monster Energy cans. There was only two left as they only took up one can and at Niko's question of "what are we going to do with the rest?", Derrick simply shrugged and knocked the last of it back with a straight face, gathered up his things, and headed over in the direction of the parking lot where the bus circuits ran.

Niko shook his head the minute there was no trace of Derrick to be found in the distance. "I know he's your friend at all, but he's bloody terrifying. How does he do that? Just drink two cans of those energy drinks without even a tremor. I take half a can and I'm already shaking!"

Sebastian laughed dryly. "He's not my friend," he remarked. "We just, uh, hang out. For the convenience of not looking like a total loner in the school cafeteria."

"Really?" Niko snorted as he puffed out smoke from his lips, "You don't strike me as the non-conformist type."

"Well, high school cliches isn't very convincing in making me seem like the weird loner."

"You're not a loner," corrected Niko automatically. "You have me."

A deep red colour seemed to flush its way through Sebastian's cheeks. "Yeah, but," he mumbled softly through a cigarette hanging out his lips. After a moment, he tacked on: "That's different and- oh, fuck."

Truth be told, Niko could've never anticipated it. Sebastian's eyes went wide as he visually picked up somebody coming this way- somebody threatening. Niko frowned at the splash of fear on Sebastian's face and turned around to see Roger and Davies coming this way. Fuck [i], thought Niko.

Roger approached the undersides of the bleachers, bending his head low so he wouldn't hit his head on the tiered seats. Niko wished he did. Roger quickly replaced where the spot where Derrick was sitting and bestowed an ever-growing smirk at Niko and sneered at Sebastian, "Oi, Salinger."

"Yeah?" Niko was surprised it came strong and cold, like icicle needle pricks.

"Why are you hanging with that faggot?" Davies asked bluntly behind Roger, standing while Roger sat plainly. Even with the marginal height difference, it was clear that Roger dominated between the two. Niko's skin prickled with annoyance at Davies; everything he does had no subtlety.

Sebastian automatically recoiled and glared, "I'm not a faggot," he said, icily calm and collected.

"Sure yer are," roared Roger, and looked at Niko, "Ain't he, Niko?"

Niko swallowed. He could feel both their stares boring holes in Niko, silently asking him to choose. Niko would've chosen Sebastian in a heartbeat if he was a braver person. Roger might've been annoying or stupid, but he was popular with legions at his command. One wrong move and Niko would find himself below the social chain in less than seconds. "I- yeah, I guess-" The pained betrayal seized Sebastian's features but for some reason, the pain seemed...expected, as if Sebastian was expecting the acid to splash in his face and it did. "But it doesn't- what are you doing here?"

"Nothin' much," Roger shrugged and shot Niko one of his complacent grins. "Just wondering why you are hanging around here."

Roger had no subtlety whatsoever- blatantly insulting Sebastian even though Sebastian was right there in front of him. But Niko said, annoyed, "I'm dealing right now, you arsehole. Fuck off."

"Alright," grouched Roger but a smirk replaced his face as he rose into a stand and looked at Sebastian predatorily. "See you later, faggot." Davies sniggered expectedly but the two sauntered away from them, leaving Niko and Sebastian by themselves.

Sebastian started to gather his things, grabbing his bag and his cigarettes and slung his bag over his back. "I'm going to go," he tacked on coldly at Niko. Automatically, Niko knew Sebastian had been hurt by Roger's comments.

"Wait," Niko said urgently, catching Sebastian by the wrist, which immediately got Sebastian' attention. Niko let go as soon as he turned around, flinching from the tingle on Niko's skin that lasted for a few moments before fading away.

"What?" demanded Sebastian, avoiding his gaze, "What do you want?"

"Where are you going?"

"To hang out with people who don't think I'm a faggot."

Niko shut his eyes tight, "I didn't mean to-"

Sebastian interrupted bitterly, "Yeah, I bet you don't." He pivoted sharply to walk away but Niko stood up just as quickly and stopped him before Sebastian stride out of his life for good.

"Sebastian, please. I'm just- I fucking freaked, okay?" Niko sighed as Sebastian faced him again, expression impassive. "I didn't mean to put you out there like that. Roger's my best- well, used to be my best mate. He wouldn't like it if I completely swapped sides."

"So?" Sebastian tiredly inquired.

"I'm saying that I'm an idiot and they're idiots and I'm sorry."

"Whatever."

"Sebastian-" Niko was searching for anything to get him back, "I'll make it up to you, I swear!"

Sebastian was intrigued, eyebrows raised as he looked at the other boy. "Fine."

"What?" Niko was suddenly thrown off-guard. He had not expected Sebastian to easily cave in like that. Sebastian smiled with a slight smirk at Niko's cluelessness and chuckled.

"Make it up to me. You have up until tonight."

-

ooh that sounds very very kinky anyHOOO ded to dobrienly thanks so much for reading all my shit

ya know since it's shit