Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Silvio wasn't down there to meet her at the door to her apartment. Carlos must have let him in. It was one of his drivers. A new guy, apparently, or this might be one of his brother's regular drivers. A man with a pleasant smile and hazel eyes that made him look all the more friendly. He was even wearing a black chauffeurs hat.

"Are you with Silvio?" Jane asked.

The man nodded, tipping his hat a little. "Yes, I'm being borrowed for the night from Arturo. My name is Sam."

Jane smiled at him, glancing through the glass doors behind him. The black limo had to be Silvio's.

"Is he there?" He'd said he was waiting downstairs in the text.

"Yeah, he's waiting for you."

Sam smiled a little at that, as if he knew something amusing that Jane didn't.

As if they were about to go on a cute date.

Well, that was better than being paid ten grand to fuck him.

He was probably watching her through the glass right now.

"All right, let's go."

Posture straight, shoulders back, and she was going to walk with pride out that damned door. Which was exactly what she did. She almost didn't bother waiting for Sam to open the door for her. He basically had to jump in the way to get the door for her before she could reach it herself.

She stepped outside, feeling kind of all right when Sam brought her to the limo door.

He opened it for her again, stepping aside and allowing her to enter.

Jane did, sliding inside, smelling the expensive leather, the scent of champagne, and Silvio himself.

She missed that smell, and her brain registered it before she looked at Silvio himself, and he had a wicked smile on his face when he got her in his sights.

"Jane," his dark eyes scanned her up and down. His gaze seemed to be paying special attention to her legs. "You're looking especially lovely today."

"Don't make me regret putting on the heels."

She'd wanted to look at least somewhat classy in jeans, but she's known how much Silvio liked her in heels. He'd once told her it was his favorite thing on a woman, and Jane had worn them as often as possible after she'd found out.

He sat across from her, his ankle crossed over his knee, looking especially good in black suite and green tie with a champagne flute in his hand. He'd always liked green, too. It was his favorite color.

Why was she thinking about that right now?

"So what's going on? Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

The limo gently rumbled beneath her. Jane almost didn't feel it when it started to move. That was how smooth the ride was.

And Silvio was still looking at her with those dark eyes. He was like a cat that was in on the world's best secret.

Jane pressed her lips together.

He was going to want sex for the money. There was no way in hell he wasn't going to want sex, and she'd thought she would be able to resist him, but just being here in this limo with him was enough to make her think she wouldn't be able to resist him.

She'd missed him, sure. She'd liked being with him, but she'd also liked the sex.

A lot. Silvio knew what he was doing.