Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Jane and Silvio didn't do anything after dinner. Silvio didn't take her anywhere else for their date, in fact, when they finished their meal, he became his old, pleasant self, walked her out to the limo, and immediately requested Sam drive them to her apartment.

Jane's stomach had been on knots the whole way home when it absolutely should not have been.

She wasn't a meek little virgin. If Silvio wanted sex, then maybe she should just give it to him and get her own rocks off while she was at it. She could use the stress relief after all this time.

And if she really didn't want to sleep with anyone tonight? Well, that was an easy one, too. All she had to do was say no and walk away. Silvio wouldn't try to do anything to her. He wasn't that type of man, so why did Jane have her legs clenched together, her hands pressed between her thighs as if she was in the back seat with the big bad wolf?

The limo pulled up to the front of her apartment. Silvio stepped out first, just like the last time, and he held the door open for her.

Jane took her small purse with the check still inside, ignored her frantically beating heart, and stepped out.

"You have my number," Silvio said. "Call me when you make your decision. If I don't hear from you I'll take it to mean you've chanced your mind."

Jane blinked at him. "You're not coming upstairs?"

Both dark brows lifted, and a slow smile spread across his face. "Do you want me to?"

She did.

"Uh, no. I just thought you were going to try to come up with me."

"Uh huh. I'm starting to wonder what it was I did that made you think I was such a creepy perv when we were together."

He hadn't done anything. It was the check in her purse and the offer on the table that had her flaking out like this.

"Sorry, it was nothing. I'll sleep on it tonight and let you know tomorrow," Jane said.

Silvio nodded.

Because Jane had absolutely no idea what she was supposed to do after that, she quickly fled to the front glass doors of her apartment building, not looking back just in case Silvio was watching her leave.

She didn't even say hi to Carlos as she past him by in the lobby and went straight to the elevators.

Jane just wanted to sit back and lie around in her yoga pants and bralet, and maybe stare at this check a little more.

She paced around her apartment, holding the check in one hand, fanning herself with it as if she was overheating.

She kind of was.

He wanted to pay her ten thousand dollars ever time he took her out on a date. That was crazy.

Jane plopped herself down onto her couch, then pushed herself back up and started to pace again. This wasn't working. She needed something to do with her hands, so she did her dishes and cleared up all the papers on her floor, coffee table and counter. She might as well do something, but when she finished she still didn't know what she was supposed to do about this.

"He wants to pay me to be his date," she said, then rolled her eyes and went to brush her teeth. She stared at herself in the mirror, scrubbing hard enough that it was a minor shock she didn't tear her teeth out.

"He's insane," she said with a small laugh around her toothbrush before she went back to what she'd been doing.

Jane plopped herself in bed, the check sitting beside her on the nightstand. It was going to cost extra to use her phone's Internet, but she couldn't help herself. She needed to check her bank balance.