Chapter Thirteen

Jane wasn't entirely sure if she believed someone was just going to answer the phone for her and do whatever she hell she wanted them to just because she asked.

Well, Silvio hadn't said they would do anything, but did he really have people just waiting around for orders to come in through the phone? God, Jane wrote about billionaires and all the stuff they were able to get away with and do with their money, and even she wouldn't have thought of that one.

She finished off her pancakes, and even the box Silvio left behind because she was a stress eater, before heading back to her room for a shower.

The bathroom itself was large enough that it could probably fit half of her apartment inside of it. The tile on the floor was marble, but it didn't look tacky, and it had a fresh scent to it that made her think someone had come in here and sprayed the room down with an air freshener before she'd showed up.

But that smell had been here the night before, too. Whatever it was, Jane was going to have to get it for her bathroom back home.

Jane had taken a look around her personal bathroom the night before when she'd put away her toiletries, and she had to admit, she was excited to give some of the stuff in here a try. There were enough light switches on the wall, and even a dial, to make the space as bright or dim as she wanted it to be. She chose bright this time around. When she'd set her makeup bag onto the bathroom counter the night before, she'd noticed the small remote sitting by the sink.

She'd already clicked it on last night, and knew there was a television in the mirror.

She turned it on now, changing the channel to a music station. She wanted some background noise while she put up her hair.

She had to admit, a television in the mirror was a nice touch. She was going to have to remember to use that for her characters when she wrote her next romance series.

Thinking about her writing, and all the books she was going to get written while she went through with this agreement with Silvio got her spirits lifted. It had to be a good sign that she could still think about her art when there were so many other things going on.

. The tub was separate from the walk in shower behind the glass doors, and it was practically a jacuzzi. Maybe it was a jacuzzi, there were certainly enough places where the bubbles came out for it to pass for one.

Jane actually stood in that bathroom, debating with herself for a solid five minutes over whether or not she would have the shower or the bath. There were three shower heads in the shower, all of which would point down at her from differing angles that she knew would feel amazing on her body.

But a nice soak would definitely help to relieve some of the tension that had been building up in her shoulders since last night's revelation.

Five minutes was a stupidly long time to think about something like that, and Jane had to go with the shower. If she tried taking a bath, she would be in there for hours, and she had stuff to do. She needed to get cleaned up, then call Derrick and ask him for the paperwork of everything he'd been doing, and everything he'd found, about the man who had been sending her love notes and flowers all this time.

She still couldn't believe she thought, even for a minute, that Silvio would be the one doing those things. Silvio wasn't a flowers and love notes sort of person.

She ignored her embarrassment as she stripped and stepped through the glass door. There must have been a sensor to detect someone entering, because the moment she stepped inside, a row of small lights went off by the marble shelves, showcasing the bottles that were already there and ready for her to use.