1.

Eva was just about to leave the house when her phone rang. She looked at the display and saw that Chris was calling her.

Should she pick up or not answer the call? She wasn't sure since the last time she had spoken to him, which was about 2 weeks ago, they had ended up making out for hours, until she'd decided that the whole thing was going in the wrong direction and left. If that was going to happen again then she would reject the offer, right now she wasn't in the mood to just listen to her body instead of her heart. And her heart had to take a lot in the past months, because of the break-up with Jonas. She had been in an emotional chaos ever since and Chris didn't really help with his flirty attitude. She knew that all he wanted was probably to screw her, like all the fuckboys did to get admiration.

But a simple phone call would not lead to a hook up right away, would it?

„Hello?"
„I thought you were dead or something but now that I hear your voice I guess you aren't." Typically. Instead of starting the conversation like any other normal person would too, Chris found his own way. He made her want to hang up already.

„Sorry, I was busy." Why did she even apologize for not talking to him? It was not like she owed him anything.

„Oh I was too so it's not like I didn't have anything better to do than thinking about you." 

Did he sound... hurt?

„Okay...So? What do you want?"

„Wow wow, you're not being the nice girl I know right now, Eva." 

„Are you serious? Maybe you don't know me that much after all."

„Oh I think I do, sweetie. Well, whatever. Just wanted to ask you if you'll be coming to Will's party on Friday? I don't think your friends will be there but I'm definitely going to show up, so you have to."
„I don't know, I don't feel good at the moment. There's a lot going on."His provocative character could be exhausting from time to time, just like right now.
„Come on, don't be such a killjoy." He sounded harsh and a bit annoyed which made her even more distanced to the idea of going. „Girl, we used to party all the time remember? You can't deny that you loved it, especially with me."

She couldn't see him but she felt him winking at her through the phone, the way he always did to impress people and the way he had probably practised it in front of a mirror.

But she really didn't like the thought of possibly seeing Jonas again after she had been avoiding him for the whole summer holidays. Now that school was about start again on next Monday, she obviously couldn't do that anymore so she wanted to have the last free days to herself, without having to face any kind of drama.

„Maybe. I will have to think about it, Chris. I'm feeling very sick so I can't promise anything." It was a lazy excuse and she knew that he knew too but she didn't care much about it.

„Doesn't make you less attractive, just in case you should be worrying about that." Wait, what? Did she catch that right? Did Chris, the ultimate fuckboy of all time, give her a genuine compliment?
„I know you girls worry about that nasty kind of stuff. But no need to be so pathetic, Eva. Just put some make up on your face and you should be good. Maybe a bit more this time."
And he was back. Just when she thought that there was actually a chance of him being a decent guy.

„Yeah, whatever." Eva didn't want to admit that she was hurt in a way, because that would have meant she cared about him and what he thought of her. Which she didn't, obviously.

„We will see. Bye." Before he could say anything she hung up.

____________________

It was Friday, 7pm. Eva was laying in her bed, going through the Instagram feed of some of her classmates. Chris had tried to call her two times but she had just rejected every call. She didn't feel like going out, still. Not only did she want to avoid seeing her ex-boyfriend, she was also not comfortable with being alone with Chris, without any support by her girls. Although Noora had messaged her and let her know that she was going to be at the party, because of William, Eva wasn't sure whether her friend would stick around or be with her boyfriend the whole evening.

Just when she decided to stay at home and just watch some movies, her phone vibrated. It was a message sent by Noora.

Hey, the party starts at 9pm. Maybe you should come too? I think Jonas won't be here so this could be fun?"

Jonas wouldn't be there? Eva contemplated whether that had an influence on her decision...

I don't know, I really don't want to run into him. Besides, Chris will be there and he's gonna try something I bet."

A few seconds later, her friend replied.

I could ask William to take care of Chris so we can be alone."

That sounded like an amazing night full of dancing until they didn't know where they were and what time it was. Maybe that was all she needed at the moment.

Okay, sounds good. I will come then, see you there."

She turned off her phone screen and got up from her bed. It was time to get ready for the party which would hopefully help her to forget about everything, at least for a couple of hours.

🌸 vote, share and comment 🌸