Chapter 17

After falling into the heated argument between Regan and my dad I decided to go and hang out with my brother as promised with cookies and hot chocolate while we watched a few movies. A few hours later Joey fell into a cookie coma and passed out at the foot of my bed. My curiosity led me out of my room and down the hallway to the living room. I went inside hoping to find my dad and my future mom cuddling and canoodling on the sofa. Unfortunately I just saw and empty couch with the tv on.

  "Where did these two love birds go?" I asked myself as I walked out and went to look elsewhere.

I headed for the kitchen to maybe find them there but I failed with that too. This was getting  more eerie by the second. Leaving the kitchen I heard footsteps coming towards me.

  "Daddy?" I called thinking that maybe it was him.

Rounding the corner to my disappointment t wasn't. It was just Tony fiddling with his phone as usual.

  "Geez Tony get a hobby!" I said to him as he bumped into me.

  "Oh! Hey kid! I didn't even see you there!" He said happily.

  "Yeah well if you would put for phone down and focus on your profession you would have." I snapped.

Tony laughed and flipped his phone closed before shoving it in his pocket.

  "If I didn't know any better I'd think I was standing in front of your old man just then!"

  "Speaking of my old man have you seen him? I can't find him anywhere."

  "Hmmmmm. Welp! The last time I saw him he was on the second floor with Regan checking on the doves. He's not up there in the office maybe?"

  "Nah. I would have heard them talking if that were the case. You think maybe they left out somewhere?"

  "Come on girl you know your dad won't leave to go anywhere without letting me know first."

  "Good point."

I couldn't imagine where they could have gone. I get this place is huge but in the last few months me and Joey have combs this place three times over playing hide and seek.

  "Thanks Tony. I guess I'll keep looking. I just wanted to know what's for dinner and when are we eating. A girl's starving in here." I said.

Tony let out a giggle and shook me gently by my shoulders.

  "Now I see where you get your sass from."

  "Who?"

  "Your dad."

We both giggled for a moment and I decided to head back upstairs.

  "Hey Carly!" Tony called before I got to the steps.

I turned back to see him pointing off to the left.

  "Try in the studio. You know how he is when he's in the mood to write a song." He said smiling.

  "Why didn't I think of that? Good job Tony! You earned a bonus!" I said back to him.

I ran up the steps and headed for the studio. I was about three or four feet shy of the the studio door when I heard a loud noise coming from the other side of the hallway in the foo foo room.

  "What the hell?" I said softly thinking that my dad my be just on the other side of the door.

I grabbed the handle and turned it slowly trying my best not to get caught if he was in here. Once the door opened up enough for me to take a look inside I found it empty.

  "Well that was weird." I said.

Just then I heard that same loud noise coming from what sounded like the foo foo room but the sound was echoing from the opposite direction. The sound seemed like it was coming from my dad's bedroom. I was a bit skeptical about going to investigate but at the same time my dad could have fallen and broken a hip or something and may need some help. I listened out for the sound again just to make sure I was heading in the right direction. When I heard it again it was confirmed that it was coming out of my dad's room.

  "Daddy?" I called but I didn't get an answer.

I tried to call him again but I still didn't get an answer. Now I'm starting to worry. Maybe he is in some type of trouble. I immediately ran to the phone at the end of the phone by studio B and called down to security. The desk phone rang at least three times before I got an answer.

  "Security this is Joe!"

  "Joe where's Tony my dad's in trouble!" I stated in a panic.

  "What's going on Carly?" He asked.

  "I don't know but there's a loud noise coming from his room and I don't know if his door is locked or not but send somebody now!"

  "We're on our way up!"

I slammed the phone back down on the wall and ran back over to the steps. Within seconds Tony and another on of the security staff ran to the top of the steps to meet me.

  "Hurry he might be hurt!" I said as the three of us ran to his door.

Tony knocked a few times and called Timmy dad but there was no answer.

  "Boss? You alright in there?"

Still no answer. The fear in my body was never so strong since the day I got snatched.

  "Oh screw this!" I hissed before grabbing the door knob and turning the handle.

We went inside and all the lights were out.

  "Boss! Where are you?" Tony asked.

  "Yeah dad come on this isn't funny!" I shouted.

The loud sound happened again and we knew exactly where it was coming from. I dashed over to the closet and pulled the door open with force. To my shock and now blinded snd tainted eyes I found my dad and Regan cuddling and canoodling alright. They were in there half naked playing body wars.

  "CARLYN!" My dad shouted as he grabbed the first thing he got his hands on and covered himself.

  "OH MY GOD PRINCE I TOLD YOU THIS WAS A BAD IDEA!" I heard Regan say.

  "MY EYES ARE BURING! I GONNA BE SICK!" I screamed and ran away from the door.

I found Tony and the other security staff and blew passed them leaving the room so disgusted but happy in a way. My dad has some pent up tension he needed to get out of his system anyway. But that's still gross. Dinner tonight is going to be hella awkward. I think I lost my appetite anyway. Ugh!