Chapter 19

Regan's POV

After growing out of the shock of sheer embarrassment of getting caught by Carlyn in the closet I had a feeling Prince and I would never hear the end of it. Just as the food came out to the table little Joey came down wiping the sleep from his little blue eyes and sat at his seat. He looked up at me and smiled big.

  "You look very pretty Miss Regan! Are you and dad going on a date?" He asked in a high pitched voice.

  "No Joey their gonna get married! Right dad?" Carly joked.

  "You two! I swear sometimes the ideas you kids come up with." Prince giggled.

"Well why not? You like her she likes you just do it already!" Carly said to her father as he stabbed at a piece of broccoli.

Prince was turning a bright pink in the face because deep his heart he knew she was right. I already knew he still had feelings for me from the moment I stepped inside Paisley Park. The way he looked at me was enough to make my heart jump from my body. Those hazel eyes piercing my very soul like it was the first time that I really looked at them. He may have looked older but he was still that young and vibrant kid next door that would always be hiding out in my treehouse. He must have felt me looking in his direction because he soon looked back at me and smiled. The kids must have noticed too because the sounds of 'awwwww' and kissy notices filled the room.

  "Very funny guys. Eat up and get outta here!" Prince said to them with a small laugh.

  "You really like her. Don't you dad?" Joey asked as he finished his last bite of veggie lasagna.

  "I know one thing you better let your dad be grown and stop worrying so much about my love life."

  "Or lack there of." Carly said before quickly stuffing her mouth full of food.

Prince turned to her faster than I could call him.

  "Skipper. Be nice. You know she gets that from you anyway." I said to him pointing my form towards him.

  "What!?!?! No way! My attitude was nothing like that at sixteen and you know it!" He chuckled.

  "You're right it was worse." I chuckled back.

Prince's mouth dropped to the floor as we all laughed.

  "So its like that huh?" He said as he stood from the table.

  "Awwww come on daddy don't be mad we were only playin'!" Carlyn giggled.

  "Yeah dad don't be a sour sport! This is fun!" Joey pipped up.

  "Yeah Prince come on you knew that was funny!" I replied.

  "Not as funny as this.....you guys get no dessert. Now! Laugh at that!" Prince giggled.

  "Daddy! No! Come on!" The kids groaned as Prince tainted them with slices of chocolate cake.

  "Nope! You laugh at your old man you get no cake that's the rule." He said as he continued to plate each slice of cake.

  "Prince. They're just kids. Cut them a break huh? For me?"

I gave him the doe eyes like he had always done to me whenever I was mad at him and just like I always would he caved and let them have cake.

  "You guys are lucky you have Regan here taking up for you. I still wouldn't have given it to you." Prince joked as he winked at his kids.

As I sat from the counter and watched the kids go to town on their dessert I felt a gentle tugging on my dress from behind me. I turned to find the red suited man standing behind me smiling.