Chapter Four

Ainsley and Ryan were waiting for Evie to come back. She had been with Cal for a few days. Ainsley wasn't too sure she wanted her daughter around Alicia. Especially since she had been seen flirting with Ethan and others in the ED.

Madison was playing with Layla and Angel. Angel stood and toddled over to Ryan. "WyWy, me ick!"
Ryan picked her up. She rested her head on his shoulder. "Ains, she's dropping off."
"Put her on the sofa then," Ainsley said. She handed Ryan Angel's blanket.
"Dada banket!"

Angel had fallen asleep. Ryan smiled at her. He had a close bond with Angel. Ainsley grinned. "She's the best sleep out of the lot of them."
"Yeah. Her and Tilly."

Ainsley saw Cal's car pulling up. She noticed how Alicia was trying to get Evie but Evie wouldn't let her. Cal got her out instead.

Ainsley walked to the front door. She opened it and heard Cal shout at Evie. "Alicia was trying to help you. You don't smack her!" He yelled.
Evie ran up the path to Ainsley. Ainsley picked her up and glared at Cal. "Any need to shout?"
"She smacked Alicia when she tried to help her out the car!"
Ainsley rolled her eyes. Evie cuddled into her mummy. "Daddy spend more time with Licia than me mummy," Evie mumbled.
Ainsley got mad. "Is this true?"
Cal said nothing. Alicia kissed his earlobe.
"He put me to bed so he have ex," Evie mumbled. Ainsley looked at Cal.
"Don't you dare come near my daughter again!" Ainsley spat. She went inside but heard Cal shouting as she closed the door.
"I will get custody of her then!" Cal yelled.

Ryan ran to Ainsley. He seen Ainsley holding Evie tightly.
"You okay?" Ryan asked. Ainsley nodded. Evie put her arms out to Ryan. Ryan lifted her up. The puppies were barking.
"Puppy!" Evie said. Ryan set her down to let her play with the puppies.

Ainsley went to the front door to Cal. "You can try and get custody but what type of judge would give custody of an innocent three year old to you? A guy who likes sex!"
"She's my daughter!"
Ainsley scoffed. "Just get lost. I'll see you in court!"

Evie stood on the doorstep. "D-Daddy?"
Cal didn't look back. He ignored Evie.
He got into the car and sped off. Evie began to cry. The puppy licked her face and she smiled slightly. Ainsley lifted her up and held her tightly.

Ainsley closed over the door and took Evie to the kitchen.
"How about a piece of chocolate?" Ainsley asked. Evie giggled and nodded. Ainsley got her a piece and gave her it. Evie munched at it. Ryan came in and kissed Ainsley. Ainsley kissed back.
"Me get choccy!" Evie said to Ryan
Ryan grinned. "And mummy shouts when I give you chocolate?"
"Yeah!"
Ryan smiled. He grinned as Angel toddled to the safety gate. "Vie!"
"Me go play with Angel. No let Licia in!" Evie said.

The girls were in the living room. Ainsley sighed. "We're going to need a good lawyer. No way is Cal getting Evie from me," she said.
"I'll sort all that babe. Don't worry."
Ainsley smiled and kissed him. Ryan kissed back. When it got heated she pulled away.
"Go play," Ainsley said. Ryan groaned and went to the living room.

Ainsley began to make lunch when she heard the girls giggling. Ryan came out to the kitchen with a tiara on and makeup on his face.
"We play pwincesses," Evie said.
"Ook at WyWy!" Angel squealed.
Ainsley burst out laughing. "Y-You look ridiculous!"
"Gee thanks," Ryan mumbled.
Ainsley took some pictures. "Mummy, me have your phone and play games?"
"Sure."

Evie took her mummy's phone upstairs. She couldn't find her daddy's number. Madison walked in. "What you doing?"
"Call my daddy. I speak to him."
Madison got Evie the number thinking Ainsley said she could ring. Evie put it onto speaker.
"Ainsley what do you want?" Cal spat.
"Daddy!" Evie said.

Ainsley wiped the makeup off Ryan. Ryan sighed.
"Why do you make me play with them?" Ryan asked.
"Cause I'm making lunch," Ainsley said.
"How about I make lunch then and you play?" Ryan suggested. Ainsley sniggered.
"Wishful thinking mate," Ainsley told him.
Ryan pouted. "You're evil."
"Yeah I know."