Chapter Six

A/N - This isn't going to be a long chapter. It's just a filler.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cal had been distancing himself from Alicia. He needed to focus on the custody battle. He needed to be a good father to Evie. She was his little girl and he loved her.

That morning, Cal woke and saw Alicia sitting on his bed. "Ethan let me in. We need to start looking for places to bring Evie home to."

Cal rolled his eyes. "Alicia. If I get custody, then I'm staying here. Ethan has a room for when Evie stays over anyway."

"Right. But what about any kids we have?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Ainsley smiled as Ryan walked in. "I've missed you so much baby!" She squealed.

"Missed you too."

All the girls ran in to see Ryan. Angel toddled slowly. "Muma go up!"

Ainsley picked her up and let her hug Ryan. "WyWy came back me?" She asked.

Ainsley smiled. "Yeah honey. He came back for you," she told her daughter.

***
Ainsley had put the girls down for their nap. She went to Ryan and smiled. "I've missed you so much."

"Missed you too."

Ainsley cuddled into him. "I have the date of the custody hearing," she mumbled.

"When?"

"Three weeks," Ainsley mumbled. She was terrified. She didn't want to lose Evie. She looked at him. "Do you think he'll get full custody? Because I won't be able to cope."

Ryan sighed. "It's 50/50 chance. But whatever the outcome, Evie won't forget you."

***
Ainsley went to text Jordan -

Next month I possibly lose Evie -A xx
You won't. Cal won't be able to look after with his job in ED -J xx
Ryan said its a 50/50 chance. I'm scared - A xx
I'm here for you Ains. I love you - Jx.

Ainsley didn't reply. She was crying. "Mummy?"

Ainsley turned to see Evie. Evie was crying. "Come here munchkin."

Evie ran over and climbed onto Ainsley's lap. "I don't wanna live with daddy and Licia," she sobbed.

Ainsley couldn't stop the tears. "Shh sweetie. Mummy won't let that happen. She loves you too much to let it happen."

"B-But daddy want me to live with him. I no wanna make mummy or daddy sad,"'Evie said. She was highly confused.

***
Ryan went to take Evie food shopping. Just as he left, Cal pulled up. "I'd like to see Evie," he said.

"Sorry. She's gone with Ryan. She's upset," Ainsley told him. She walked inside and he followed.

"She's my daughter Ainsley. I'm allowed to see her and why is she upset?" Cal asked.

Ainsley turned and glared at him. "It's this stupid custody battle! She doesn't want to live with you and Alicia. But she doesn't want to make me or you sad! It's so confusing for her."

"You stopped me seeing her Ainsley. I never wanted this to happen," Cal said.

Ainsley rolled her eyes. "Why did I stop you? You were too busy having sex with her to care about Evie! You promised me the once that if we ever split up, you'd still be an amazing dad to Evie!"

Cal sighed. "I know. I remember that well. I just... I didn't know I would meet Alicia. She's helped me a lot since Taylor upped and left."

"Yet again! It's a woman preventing you from being a good dad. You're an amazing dad when you're not with any woman. But since Taylor and Alicia, it's like you don't even care about our girl."

"I do care!"

Ainsley sighed. "Then prove it Cal. Prove to me and to Evie that you can be a good dad."

"Okay."

***
Cal had gone so Ainsley went to check on the girls. They were still having their nap time.

Ainsley went downstairs and sighed. She knew she wouldn't stay strong if she lost Evie. She wouldn't handle losing her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A/N - Hope you liked.