Chapter Eighteen

A/N - Ainsley's attempted Killer is revealed in this chapter 😁
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ainsley took a shaky breath as she approached the police station. Cal laid a hand on her back.
"Just be honest," he said. Ainsley had just been released from hospital.

A lot of things had changed. Ainsley remembered who did it to her. Jordan was living alone with the kids. Ainsley was living with Cal as he knew the truth. Jason had been trying to get Jordan back after she came over and admitted her love for him after breaking things off with Ethan. Everything was messed up but Ainsley was about to put things right.

Cal and Ainsley went inside.
"Can I help you?" the officer at the desk asked.
"Yes, I'd like the give the name of the person who attempted to murder me," she said. The officer called out the inspector.

The inspector came out and smiled. "What can I do for you?" He asked.
"I know who tried to kill me. It finally came back to me," she said.

The inspector took Ainsley to the back room. Cal smiled. "You can do it."
"Can I?"
Cal nodded. "You're a lot stronger than you think."
Ainsley hugged him and went inside. Cal waited for her and text Jordan to prewarn her what would happen.

Ainsley sat down and the inspector brought in two other officers - one to write down the words and one to be in the room.

The inspector got out a tape recording.
"What you say will be on tape, are you okay with that?" he asked as he pressed record.
"Yes... yes I am," Ainsley mumbled.
The inspector pressed play on the tape. He looked at Ainsley. "Miss Turner. Who was the one who attempted to kill you?" He asked.
Ainsley was shaking. "I-It was my ex-boyfriend. R-Ryan Jackson."

The inspector frowned. "We questioned him at the time. He was with the father of your daughter Madison?"
Ainsley was confused. She knew Ryan and Sam didn't get along.

The inspector. "Can you explain what had happened in the events leading up to your attack?"
"Y-You want to know all of that?" She asked.
"Yes. It will help us develop a case."
Ainsley took a deep breath. She nodded.
"I'll tell you it all."

*FLASHBACK*
Ainsley sat in the living room. Ryan had just left the house. Connie had the kids.

Ainsley text Jordan to come over as she was bored and didn't understand why Ryan kept leaving the house on her. Jordan had agreed to come over.

The two of them put on a movie and got the wine out. Ainsley laid her head on Jordan's shoulder. Jordan smiled. "We're better off without men."
"You've got a good one though."
Jordan smiled. "That's true."

Ainsley went to get some more wine. She came back and looked at Jordan. "I thank the universe that you came into my life," she said.
Jordan laughed. "Cal's other woman?"
"Yeah."

The two of them sat sitting on the sofa. Jordan smiled. "Excited for the party tomorrow?"
Ainsley shrugged. "I got deja-vu."
Jordan hugged her tightly and wrapped her arms around Ainsley. Ainsley leant back slightly and smiled at Jordan. She reached up and kissed her.

Jordan pulled away. Ainsley sighed.
"I'm sorry, it's the wine," she said. Jordan downed her glass of wine. She looked at Ainsley and kissed her.

Ainsley and Jordan made out. They were too tipsy right then. Jordan pulled away from Ainsley. Ainsley grinned and took her hand and the bottle of wine. She walked upstairs.

Jordan smiled. She was wanting to be with Ainsley. She knew it was wrong and that she was with Jason but she couldn't help it.

Ainsley closed the bedroom door. Jordan smiled and started to kiss her. Ainsley kissed back. Jordan moved onto her neck.

Ainsley pushed Jordan onto the bed. She straddled her. "This is a one time thing?"
"Of course. It's the wine."
Both women nodded at each other but neither believed it. Ainsley began to grind her hips on Jordan. Jordan bit her lip.
"A-Ainsley should we be doing this?" Jordan asked.

Ainsley sighed.
"Probably not," she admitted. Jordan smiled and rubbed her thighs. Ainsley grinned down at her.

It didn't take long for the two of them to began having sex. They were naked on top of the covers. Ainsley moaned into Jordan's mouth.
"Bloody hell you're good at that," Ainsley told her. Jordan smiled.
"This is my first time with a woman," she admitted.
Ainsley grinned. "Well you wouldn't be able to tell."
"That good?"
"Hells yes."

The two of them both climaxed as the bedroom door opened. "What the hell?"

Ainsley looked up to see Ryan standing there. He looked mad. "You filthy little slut," he spat at Ainsley.

Ainsley looked at Jordan. "Babes, go."
"I'm not leaving you," Jordan said. Ryan glared at her.
"No. She isn't leaving until I get a damn answer!" Ryan yelled.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Ainsley cried. The inspector handed her a tissue.
"Here you go. What happened after that?" he asked.
"H-He... he hit me. Told me he would get me back for it," Ainsley admitted.
"That's all we need to know. Thank you," the inspector said. He stopped the recording.

He sighed and got the notepad from the other officer.
"I'm going to have to take a statement from Jordan. Can I have her address?" He asked. Ainsley nodded and told him it. "The man outside is..."
"He came to the house after Ryan hit me and stormed out to take Jordan back home. He knew what happened."
The inspector nodded. "Let's go."

Cal stood up and looked at Ainsley. "Did you tell them?"
"Yeah. It was so hard. But I did it."

Cal and Ainsley walked outside. Ainsley was in some pain from the stabbing. "Do you need your pain meds?"
Ainsley shook her head.

Cal took Ainsley for some food. "He wasn't as nice as I made out. He was horrid."
"Ains. You should have told us."
"How could I when everyone liked him?" Ainsley mumbled. Cal hugged her tightly.

Ainsley cuddled into him. They eventually got back to her house. Ainsley sighed.
"I'm so worried about Jordan," Ainsley mumbled.
Cal smiled. "Don't be. She'll be fine."

Jordan opened the door and swallowed hard when she saw the police. "Is everything okay?" She asked.
The inspector smiled. "My name is Inspector Mills. I'm the one leading the investigation into the attempted murder of Ainsley. She has told us what happened."
Jordan nodded. "Okay."

The inspector walked inside. Madison had stayed with Jordan for abit after Sam had gone off to New York.

Jordan looked at him. "It's true. Ainsley and I were having sex when Ryan caught us."
"Thank you."
He began to question her about how Ryan reacted. Jason overheard everything.

Ainsley and Cal cuddled up and watched a movie. She smiled up at him.
"I've missed us two spending time together," she admitted. Cal smiled.
"Me too."

Cal's phone buzzed. He showed the message to Ainsley.
"Tell Ainsley I know - Jason"

Cal looked at Ainsley. "Jason knows what happened."
"Is he mad?" Ainsley asked as she began shaking.
Cal sighed. "I don't know darling."

The police soon left. Jason looked at Jordan. "So, not only are you back with your ex, you were also cheating on me with a girl?"
Jordan sighed. "It was once."

Ainsley and Cal were walking around. Cal grabbed Ainsley and kissed her passionately. "I've missed you."
"I missed you too."

Suddenly, Ainsley's phone rang. She answered it. "They've got him."
"See."

Somehow, Ainsley realised that even though Ryan had been arrested, things weren't going to get better.