Chapter Fifteen

Connie's POV

I watched Ainsley walk outside. I didn't know what was wrong with her. She seemed distant at the party. I walked over to the bar and asked for a cocktail.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.
"Thanks," I said to the bartender. Jason came over to the bar and ordered a pint.
"What's wrong?" I asked him.
"Your daughter," Jason said. He downed half of the pint and walked off. He walked down the corridor and walked out of the building.

Nothing was making sense to me tonight. Seemingly everyone had a problem tonight. Jordan, Ethan, Jason and even my own daughter. Something wasn't right.

I seen Ainsley pulling Iain in from outside and out of the hall we were in. I frowned. Did it have something to do with Iain?

I walked over to the only other person I knew that was close to Ainsley - Cal.
"Doctor Knight," I said.
"Mrs Beauchamp. What can I do?" Cal asked.
"What's wrong with Ainsley?"
Cal scoffed. "How the hell should I know? She's as bad as her mother. Good at sleeping with the ED and beyond."

Cal stormed off. I was annoyed. I couldn't believe what he had said. Now I wanted to know what Cal meant by Ainsley being like me.

I walked out of the hall and seen Ainsley coming out of the bathrooms with Iain. She had her hair messed up. I knew she had just had sex with Iain.

Anger overcame me and I stormed over to her. Iain walked off.
"Ainsley!" I yelled.
"Mum what's wrong?"
I glared. "You little slut," I spat.
Ainsley was shocked and confused. "What did you just call me?"
"You heard!"

Ainsley and I glared at each other.
"You're one to talk mother. Sam Strachan, Jacob Masters, Caleb Knight - wonder how many others you've had!"
"You're one to talk. You had your own go at Sam and Cal," I reminded her. She slapped me and I slapped her back.

I couldn't believe what I had just done.
"A-Ainsley I'm so sorry," I stuttered. Ainsley shook her head and walked off, holding her cheek.

I walked into the cubicles and broke down crying. I couldn't lose Ainsley like I lost Grace. I loved them both. I knew I now needed to make it up to her.

As I dried my eyes and reapplied my makeup, I heard Madison scream. I ran out and ran over to my granddaughter. People were gathered.

I looked and saw Ainsley lying unconscious on the ground. Blood was all over her and Madison. Jordan lifted Madison and Iain attended to Ainsley.

Looking around the circle, I knew someone had tried to kill my daughter. I wanted to know who.