Chapter Seventeen

* Jacob's POV*

Connie wanted me to talk to Ainsley for her about how she had been acting. Connie knew she was getting out of control.

We were standing in the community hall for the party. I saw Connie and smiled. She looked beautiful. "Hello."
"Jacob."

Connie and I shared a quick kiss before we greeted the guests. Ainsley arrived with Madison and Ryan.
"There she is," Connie mumbled. I smiled.
"I'll go and see her now," I told her. Connie nodded. I kissed her cheek.

I made my way over to Ainsley while Ryan took Madison to get some food. She smiled at me.
"Hi Jacob," she said.
"Hey Ains. Can we talk?"
"Of course. Let's go outside."

We walked outside and sat on one of the benches. I smiled.
"The way you've been acting isn't on," I told her. I saw Ainsley's smile turn to an angry frown.
"What do you know?" Ainsley spat at me.
"I know that this isn't you Ainsley. Everyone is worried," I said in an attempt to calm her down.

Ainsley stood up. "You're not my father Jacob! I don't need you to lecture me on what's wrong and what's right," she said.
"Think about your kids."
Ainsley turned to me and slapped me. "Do not ever bring my kids into this!"
"Don't you dare slap me!" I spat. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside.

There was an empty room and we went inside. When I closed the door Ainsley pushed me away. She glared at me.
"I've been through enough this week without you having a damn go and man handling me!" Ainsley spat.

I frowned. There was something she wasn't saying. Something had happened.
"Tell me what's happened," I told her.
"No!"
Ainsley walked off. I tried to go after her but I saw Madison. "What's wrong munchkin?" I asked her.
"Why you upsets my mummy?" She asked.

I sighed. I looked at Madison. "I didn't mean to."
"Buts why? I mights need to tell mine daddy," she said.

I walked back to the party. Madison was standing with Connie and Sam. Connie called me over. Sam was glaring at me.
"What?" I asked.
"Madison and Ainsley told me you upset Ainsley," he said.

I sighed and looked at him.
"Let's be serious here - Ainsley is out of control and you know it," I told him.
Sam glared. "Maybe It's because no one cares for her properly."

Sam picked up Madison and walked off. I went to find Ainsley to see why Sam was having a go at me.

I saw Ainsley and walked over to her. "Why did Sam start on me?" I asked.
"Cause I told him what you'd said and Madison told him you'd upset me," she replied.

I couldn't believe it. In anger, I grabbed Ainsley. She fought against me. She suddenly slipped and hit her head.

I helped her up. She shoved me away and walked off.

I walked back to Connie. She looked at me. "Well?"
"No use."

Suddenly, we heard a scream. I saw everyone run in the direction of the scream. Madison was sitting on the floor covered in blood.

I looked down to see Ainsley's head oozing with blood. I looked down to see blood pouring out of her stomach.

Someone here had tried to kill her. But who?