Chapter Thirteen

Sam's POV

I watched as Jordan stormed out over to Jason. Ainsley slipped out of the room. I could see she was in tears. After setting down my drink, I ran to Ainsley. I couldn't see her upset.

Ainsley was crying out the front door. I went out and sat on the steps with her.
"Don't cry, you'll ruin your makeup," I said. Ainsley laughed slightly. She dried her eyes.
"Oh goodness," Ainsley said. I smiled.
"What's up?"
Ainsley sighed. "You would hate me."
"I really wouldn't hate you at all."

Ainsley cuddled into me and I held her tightly.
"I slept with Jason," Ainsley mumbled. I nodded.
"Is that why you're crying? You told Jordan?" I asked. Ainsley nodded and began to cry again. I held her tightly as she cried into me.

Ainsley smiled up at me. She cuddled into me and held my hand.
"You're the first one to actually not judge me," Ainsley admitted.
Sam smiled. "I have no reason to judge you. I love you."

I saw the look on Ainsley's face as soon as I said that. I knew she didn't feel that about me. That hurt – a lot. She was the only woman I ever truly and fully loved with my whole heart. Now, I was about to be rejected by her too.
"Sam-"
"Please, don't say it," I begged.
Ainsley sighed. "You know I'm with Ryan. I want to remain loyal to Ran. Part of me will always love you. You're the father to Madison and the first person I ever fell in love with."
"Then take me back."
"You know I can't Sam. I love Ryan. He's the one I am with."

Suddenly, I began to feel angry with her. I don't know why. I guess it was because I just wanted her to love me.
"Why not me?" I asked loudly.
Ainsley jumped. "Sam don't be angry please."
"How can I not be angry?" I yelled. "I love you more than everything! You and our daughter. Does that mean nothing to you?"
"Of course it does!"
"Then be with me."

Ainsley stood up and walked inside. I went after her. I wasn't intending on letting it slide easily. I loved Ainsley and wanted her to love me in return. As we got into the corridor, I grabbed her arm.
"Ainsley, please," I said.
Ainsley pushed my hand off her. She stepped back. "Just leave me alone! I don't want you!"

Ainsley stormed off down the corridor. My hands were balled into fists and I could feel the vein in my temple pounding.
"You'll regret your decision!" I yelled. Ainsley gave me the finger and kept on walking outside again. I went back to the bar and ordered a pint.

I heard Ethan tapping a fork against a glass to get everyone's attention. I turned around from the bar and looked at them. I slouched against the bar.
"I would like to make an announcement," Ethan said. He grabbed Jordan's hand and smiled at her. "Jordan and I are together. We got together when Jason left several nights in a row for several weeks to have sex with someone else. He left Jordan to look after all the kids herself. She called me so I helped her. Eventually we fell back in love with each other."

Jason slammed down his pint and stormed out. I felt angry at Jason too. I stormed out after him. I wanted to confront him now.
"Oi!" I yelled.
Jason turned around. I went over to him and punched him. He fell to the ground. HE had a bleeding nose.
"You stay away from my girl," I said.
Jason got up and looked at me. "She isn't your girl either! I loved her too. I love Jordan. Both of them are better off without me!"
I didn't know what to say. Jason pushed open the door to the bathrooms and walked inside. I decided not to go after him. I had caused enough damage.

I went back to the hall. I was looking for Madi. While I didn't see Madi a lot, I loved spending time with her.
"Have you seen Madi?" I asked Charlie. Charlie shook his head.
"Sorry, Sam. I haven't seen her. Maybe she's with Ainsley," Charlie suggested. I nodded.

As I was about to look around the hall, I heard Madi screaming. I ran along with everyone else to where the noise had come from. Ainsley was lying on the ground. She had blood pouring from her head. Madi was covered in Ainsley's blood. Jordan lifted Madi up who was now crying her eyes out. I kissed my daughter's head.

I looked down at Ainsley's lifeless body as someone called an ambulance. I looked around the circle that had gathered around Ainsley. I knew one person there had to have done that. But who hurt the woman I loved the most?

��V� �!