Chapter Fourteen

Alicia's POV

I was so fuming with Ainsley. I can't believe she had gotten custody of Evie. Cal was a much better father and he hadn't slept with most of the ED.

It was the party that night and I knew Ainsley would be going along with Ryan and Madison. Deep down, I knew Ainsley was a good mum but she didn't deserve those kids.

Cal and I stood in the bedroom. We were getting ready. "Will Evie be there tonight?" I asked.

Cal shook his head. "No. She's staying with a child minder. Ainsley doesn't want to take her," he told me.

"But she's taking Madison?"

Cal nodded. "Sam asked Ainsley to bring her. She's staying with him tonight," he told me.

***
We arrived at the party. Cal was watching over at Ainsley. I knew he still loved her. How could he not? She's the mother of his little girl.

Part of me knew that there was always a chance they would get back together. But I also knew that Ainsley was in love with other men too. She was cheap.

***
I saw Ainsley walking out the room with Madison. Madison glared at me when I followed. "Ainsley, can we talk?" I asked.

"Nothing you say to me will change the fact I got custody and Cal didn't," she said. She looked at Madison. "Maddi, go and find daddy princess and ask him to get you a drink," she told her.

Madison walked off and I smirked. "Not very good parenting is it? Letting your child go off on her own," I spat.

Ainsley scoffed. "Like I need mothering advice from you? A woman who's had no kids."

***
I walked back into the hall where the party was to see Jordan and Ethan making a speech. I walked over to Cal. "What's happened?" I asked.

Cal smirked. "It seems our dear Ainsley has been having an affair with Jason. But also Ethan and Jordan have been having an affair too," he told me.

I was shocked. "So the judge told you you weren't suitable to have Evie but let Evie stay with a woman who can't keep her knickers on?"

"Apparently."

I knew that wasn't fair on Cal. I went to find Ainsley again. I saw her sitting outside. "Oi."

"Sod off," she spat.

Ainsley stood and walked off. I followed her. Not wanting to let this drop. "So, it's been announced that you and Jason have been having an affair behind Ryan's back," I said.

"Alicia! Just back off!" Ainsley yelled.

"No chance. You're the worst mum. Anyone else they would have had their kids taken from them by now," I said.

Ainsley rolled her eyes and walked off. "You're going to regret this!"

***
I stood with Cal. We were making out hard when we heard a scream. Cal paled. "What?" I asked.

"That's Madison," he said.

I knew Cal still cared about Madison. We all ran to find her.

Madison was sitting on the floor. She was covered in blood. Jordan picked her up. We all gasped. Lying on the floor was Ainsley with blood pouring out of her.

Someone here had tried to kill her. But who?