Chapter Twelve

Iain's POV

I stood outside getting some air at the party. The crowds didn't help with my PTSD – sometimes I just needed a breather. I took a sip of my pint as I heard crying.

Setting down my pint on the ground, I followed the sound of the crying to find Ainsley. She was sitting on the steps outside.
"Ains?" I asked. Ainsley smiled at me.
"Hi," she mumbled.
"What's wrong?" I asked.

Ainsley began to wring her hands in one another. She only did that when she was nervous, scared or worried.
"You know I love Ryan don't you?" Ainsley asked me.
I nodded. I knew she did and while that hurt me, I wanted her to be happy. "Yeah, I know you do Ains. He makes you happy doesn't he?"
Ainsley nodded and looked at me. "I'm needing you."
I was shocked. "Pardon?"
"You heard me."

I couldn't help myself. I began to kiss her. Ainsley smiled and kissed back.
"Let's go to the bathrooms," Ainsley told me. I nodded and helped her up. Ainsley and I went to the bathrooms at the venue. When we got inside, she pushed me into a cubicle.

Ainsley was like a drug to me – once I got hooked on her, there was no going back.
"You'll be the death of me," I joked as she locked the cubicle door. She laughed slightly.
"I probably will," she joked back. Ainsley turned to me. I gently wiped away any makeup that had ran from her crying.
"You're beautiful," I told her. Ainsley smiled and kissed me. I kissed her back. I still loved her and I knew I did.

Ainsley and I were eventually having sex. Both of us knew it shouldn't be happening but we couldn't stop. Ainsley kept telling me she loved me and how she was sorry she left.
"Shh, it's okay. You're here now," I told her. She nodded and kissed me again.

When we finished, I sighed and got myself sorted. Ainsley did the same. She smiled at me and looked genuinely happy for once.
"That was amazing," Ainsley said.
I smiled and nodded. "It was. Look, can I ask you something?"
"Of course."

We left the cubicle. Thankfully we were the only ones in the female bathrooms. I hoped no one would come in while I asked Ainsley this. I knew how much it would upset her.
"Could Angel come and live with me?" I asked.
I seen Ainsley's face fall. "W-What?"
"I want her to live with me. I am her dad. I rarely see her as it is."
"No! I let you come and see her when you want to," Ainsley argued back.
I rolled my eyes. "I want father daughter time with her. Ryan is slowly becoming her father and I don't want that!"
"Oh just piss off!"

Ainsley and I went outside. I wasn't giving up. I wanted Angel to live with me.
"Ainsley why can't she stay with me?" I asked.
"Because she has always lived with her sisters and she will continue to do so," Ainsley spat at me. "So no, she won't be living with you. End of story!"
Ainsley walked back inside.

I was angry. I looked over at the pint I had left earlier. I went back inside and ordered more drink at the bar. All I wanted was Angel home with me. I ordered some vodka shots, two pints and a gin and tonic. I began to down the shots when Ethan got everyone's attention.
"I would like to make an announcement," Ethan called. He grabbed Jordan's hand. I took another shot, eventually finishing them all. I moved onto the pint. "Jordan and I are together. We got together when Jason left for several nights in a row for several weeks to have sex with someone else. He left Jordan to look after all the kids herself. She called me so I helped her. Eventually, we fell back in love with each other."
Jason walked out of the room. I didn't blame him. I felt dizzy and sick.

Slowly, I got up off the bar stool and walked down the corridor. I grabbed the wall as I walked along. The room was spinning. Eventually, everything went black.

***
I woke to the sound of a scream. I was lying in the corridor that I passed out in. When I recognised the scream, I shot up – it was Madison. My head was pounding but I didn't care. I followed the sound of the scream to see everyone gathered in a corridor. I pushed my way through the crowd to see Ainsley lying on the floor. Madison was sitting beside her. She was covered in her mum's blood.

Jordan lifted Madison up. I got down beside Ainsley to check to see if she was still breathing. She was.
"Someone call an ambulance!" I yelled. I stroked Ainsley's cheek gently with my finger. "You'll be okay."
I looked around at the faces staring down at Ainsley. One of them had done this to her. But which one was it?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A/N - A huge thanks to my bestie StrangeDesires for writing this chapter for me. Without her, it wouldn't be here.

So much love for my bestie. 💕