Chapter Nineteen

It was 7 months since Ryan had been arrested for the attempted murder on Ainsley. She and Cal had gotten a lot closer. But nothing had happened between them. Ainsley knew she had strong feelings for Cal.

When she woke that morning, she saw the kids asleep all over her bed. She checked her phone and saw a text from Cal.
'Be over soon. Want to see my munchkins - Cal xx'

Ainsley smiled slightly. She wanted Cal back and would make sure it happened. But she didn't know how she could.

Ainsley quickly text Jordan.
'Help! Want Cal back. How? - Ains xx'
Ainsley quickly got dressed and got herself ready for the day ahead.

Her phone buzzed as she brought the kids downstairs to get ready.
'Tell him how you feel. I think he feels the same - Jordan xx'

Ainsley smiled. The kids sat down for breakfast as the doorbell rang. She knew it was Cal. She opened the door and Cal was standing there with a bunch of flowers.

Ainsley smiled at him. "This is a nice surprise."
"For you. You're gorgeous," Cal said as he walked inside.

Evie ran over to her daddy. "You and mummy marry again?" She asked.
"No darling."
Evie pouted. She took Cal into the kitchen. Ainsley smiled.

The kids all went to play outside. Cal looked at Ainsley. "They're all amazing aren't they?" He asked.
Ainslee nodded. "Yeah. I'm blessed to have them all in my life. All you lot too."

Madison walked in. "Hi! Can I see my daddy?"
"Working," Ainsley said as she kissed her head.
Madison groaned. "He never want to see me! He an ass!"
Cal laughed. Madison giggled and ran to play with her siblings. Cal smiled across the table at Ainsley.

Ainsley blushed. She remembered Jordan's text.
"Cal, I really like you. I want to try again with you," she said. Cal was shocked.

He knew what he wanted to tell her. He smiled.
"You're beautiful Ainsley," he replied. Ainsley sighed.
"That it?"
Cal laughed. "No. That's not it. I want you back too."
Ainsley grinned she walked over to Cal and kissed him. He kissed back. "I'm not ever letting you go again," he said.
"Good. Neither am I."
Madison ran back in. "Mummy! Are you having a new baby?"
"No! Mummy isn't having anymore babies."

Ainsley went outside with the kids. She saw them all playing. Madison, being the eldest, decided she was in charge of them all and what they did.

Cal came out with two drinks. "There we go. Nice and cold."
"Thanks baby."
Cal laughed. "Feels good hearing you say that to me and not someone else," he said.
Ainsley grinned. The two of them sat down. The kids were playing and laughing. Ainsley smiled.

When Cal looked at Ainsley she was already looking at him.
"Yes?" Cal teased. Ainsley grinned.
"You're handsome."

As they were about to kiss Evie ran over. Cal scooped her up on to his lap.
"Hello princess," he said. Evie giggled.
"Do you and daddy want love?" She asked.
Ainsley laughed and nodded. "Yeah. Mummy and daddy love each other," she said.

Evie went to play in the play house. Cal went to get some pizza. He kissed Ainsley's cheek.

Ainsley text Jordan.
'Cainsley is back on!! - Ainsley xx'

She loved Cal and she was glad they were together again. *Time Skip*
Cal and Ainsley walked into the ED together. Jordan was there. She grinned.

Cal and Ainsley hadn't met up with anyone since they got together. Jordan hugged them both.
"Ahh! You two are so cute!" Jordan said. Ainsley smiled.

Cal wrapped his arm around Ainsley. Sam walked over.
"Hey," he said. He saw the two of them together. He swallowed hard. He wanted Ainsley to be his. He had feelings for her.

Things were tense between Cal and Sam. Cal had called a strike. He knew Ainsley wasn't taking part in it as she wanted to help the patients.

Jordan grabbed Ainsley and grinned. "Had sex yet?"
"Course we haven't. Tonight? Maybe," she said with a smirk.
Jordan laughed. "You go girl. Get your man."
"I will. I'll be telling him now," she said. Jordan laughed and nodded. Ainsley ran to find Cal.

Cal was outside with a placard. Ainsley went over.
"Can we talk?" Ainsley asked.
"Course."

The two of them went to the side. Cal pecked her lips.
"What's up?" Cal asked.
"Well, I want to know if you're free tonight to... have a night together?" Ainsley asked. Cal smirked. He knew what Ainsley wanted.
"Yeah. I'd love that."
Ainsley nodded and winked. But before Cal could say anything, an ambulance pulled up. "You should go and help."
"Yeah. I'll see you later."

*~*
Ainsley stood behind Cal as the Ellison's ranted about losing Roy. Scott was glaring at Ainsley. Cal could see.

Cal looked at Ainsley. He knew she wasn't safe. "Listen tonight, you head to the pub and I'll come to you later."
"Really?"
Cal nodded. "Life's too short."

Ainsley kissed Cal's lips and walked off. Cal smiled at her. She blew him a kiss before walking off. Cal grinned. He went over to Scott when Ainsley went into the pub.

Jordan was working late. She groaned. Connie smiled.
"Calm down kid. Your man will be waiting at home," she said. Jordan grinned.

Dylan had saw Cal. He yelled for a stretcher. Connie saw it coming in. Jordan paled. She shook her head. Connie saw her.
"We need you," Connie told Jordan. Jordan nodded and went into resus with them all.
Ainsley sat in the pub. She was waiting for Cal. He wasn't answering the phone at all.

Charlie took the mask off of Cal when he tried talking. "A-Ainsley."
"It's alright. We'll get her."

Ainsley looked up as Max walked in. "You need to come with me."
"Why?"
"Just come with me. Now."

Ainsley stood up and followed Max. "What's happened?" She asked. She was getting scared now.

Everyone was standing outside except for Ethan and Jordan.
"What?" Ainsley asked. Charlie took her in to resus.

Ainsley saw Cal like that and screamed. She broke down to the ground and cried hard. Sam ran in and helped her up.

He walked Ainsley over to Cal. She held his hand and cried over his body. Jordan held her hand.
"Shh. It's going to be okay," Jordan said.
Ainsley couldn't speak. She looked at Jordan. "W-What happened?" She asked through her tears.
"It appears he was stabbed," Sam said.

Ainsley looked at the three of them. "Can I say goodbye?"

When everyone had gone, Ainsley took Cal's hand. "Why did you do it? Why did you have to go and get yourself stabbed? I can't live without you Cal," she sobbed.

Ainsley knew she would have to tell Evie about Cal. She didn't know how. Charlie walked in. "We have to take him to the morgue now," he said.
"O-Okay," she mumbled. Charlie kissed her head as the morgue men came in. They put a sheet over Cal and took him.

Ainsley was in hysterics again.
"I'm sorry," Charlie said. Ainsley screamed into his chest.

Jason had arrived. Jordan ran to him. He held her tightly.
"Shh it's all okay."
Charlie came out with Ainsley. Ainsley had gotten blood on her. "I-I need to tell Evie. On her own and then I'll tell the other kids," she said.

Ainsley went to get Evie. Sam went with her. She glared. "Stay away from me. This is all down to you!"
"What?"
"These stupid cuts! And now look!"

Evie looked up as Ainsley walked in. Ainsley picked her up and took her to the relatives room. Jordan went with Ainsley. Evie smiled at them both. Ainsley gripped Jordan's hand.
"Sweetie, daddy's gone to sleep," Ainsley explained.

Evie frowned and looked between the two.
"I-I don't understand," she said.
"Daddy's gone to heaven honey. He can't come back."
Evie felt the tears roll down her cheeks. Ainsley had to walk out. 

How did she live without Cal?