Chapter 19

Okay,okay... I updated... chill people, the process takes a while. 

:) 

***

Dario's POV-

*1 week, 3 days ago*

I groaned and stretched as I got out of the car. I was happy to finally be off work for the day. Now all I had to do was cook, watch t.v., and then sleep. Ah, sleep. My best friend.

"Matthew?" I called out as I noticed the door was ajar.

I could feel my pulse quicken. That sinking feeling came back. Something was amiss. 

I made my way carefully in the apartment and looked around.

"Matthew, this isn't funny!" I called out once more.

When I got no response I started to panic. I ran about the apartment carefully not to contaminate any...evidence.

'oh god. What if-' I choked up as my mind started to think about the worse case scenarios.

I reached for my phone and called my boss. I couldn't think straight. I didn't know what to do. What was wrong with me?!

He basically just told me to relax and call his friends. In the meantime they would get ready for a search.

It was then that I realized I was crying.

'What if I never see him again?'

*1 week later*

We had to call off the search. His photo and information would stay in the database. The amber alert was over. He had just disappeared.

The only clue to his disappearance was his emergency tools found on the side of the road outside our complex. That and a police van parked outside.

The van had no tags which meant no way to find him.

I walked into his bedroom for the ninth time that day. All of his things were still in the place they had been in since the last time he had been here. Even his glass of water remained on his night stand.

I put down a teddy bear I had bought for Matthew's return on his bed. Right in the center waiting to be cuddled, lay the smiling bear.

I took one last look and walked out of the room. I fell back on the couch and slouch there for a time unknown. All I knew was the sun was out and then it went down. I was forced to get up when there was a knock on the door.

I answered the door in sweats, stubble, and messy hair. There stood my team, and I'm not just talking the field agents. There were some office agents that I had befriended while I was injured.

They looked at me shocked, saddened, and slightly grossed out with my condition. So, I hadn't shaved in a week. So, I hadn't showered today or last night because I was out looking for him. So I had mustard stains on my shirt from the food vendors on the street.

I invited them in and started getting out the 24 case of beer I had. I grabbed one and sat at the table with my posture slouched.

By the way Hotchner was profiling me I knew I was in trouble.

"We're going to find him" Morgan stated as he grabbed my beer and took it away from me.

That wasn't a problem as I just grabbed another one from the pack, or I tried to. They pulled the pack from me.

"When was the last time you slept" Rossi asked

"I don't know. I slept a few hours in my car when I was out searching. I even got the ticket to prove it" I let out a bitter laugh