Chapter 6: Difficulties

"Mys, wake up." I heard a firm voice say. "Mys? Did ya hear me?" It was Spot. I groaned and slowly nodded towards him, not opening my eyes. I buried my face further into my pillow and snuggled deep into the comforter around me. I was completely content. The sheets smelt like fresh cotton and were warm from my body heat. There was no way I was moving anytime too soon.

"Mys!" I didn't respond. Suddenly I felt a cold hand around my forearm. It yanked me clear out of bed. The cold air surrounded me as I tripped on the comforter beneath my feet and blasted into Spots bare chest.

"Hey" I whined. When I came to my eyes widened. Both my hands were planted on his smooth chest for balance. I ogled at his body. He was bare foot and wearing nothing but a pair of tan trouser. He was a lot more muscular than I expected. His skin was very smooth and was a fair tan color. A couple freckles peppered his shoulders and arms and I could see some veins popping out of his forearms. After a couple seconds of shock, the nerves got to me and I took a deep breath. Spot's sent filled my nose. He smelt like fresh air and pine. I slowly raised my head and looked into Spot's eyes as he glared down at me. I was terrified of what he might do or say next.

"See something yous like, doll face?" he smirked and leaned down, closer towards my face. He was so close that his nose was almost touching mine. I squinted and then shook my head to clear my nerves.

"No!" I squeaked with attitude as I pushed Spot away from me. He shoved his hands in his trouser pockets as he laughed and backed away from me.

"Get ready princess" he said as he returned to the bathroom. I ran my fingers through my hair still a bit nervous about our confrontation. I quietly walked over to my dresser. My feet bushed the wood flooring and made a hushed shuffling sound that echoed through the room. I pulled out a dark brown pair of trousers and a light blue button up top. Still standing next to the dresser, I leaned back and peeped into the bathroom to make sure Spot was occupied with something. I didn't want him, or anyone else for that matter, to see me changing. I was self conscious, especially after Victor left several marks on me from his 'fun times'. Spot was standing in the mirror slicking his dirt blonde hair back. I was in the clear. I quickly unbuttoned my large night shirt and let it fall to the ground as I swiftly put the clean, soft, blue shirt on. I swept my hair out from under the shirt before furiously buttoning it. I looked back into the bathroom again before slipping my trousers on. They were kind of tight in the butt, but they would have to do.

I paused for a moment to catch my breath before grabbing my bandage from on top of the dresser and heading towards the bathroom. I looked around and noticed Spot attaching some red suspenders to his trousers in his room. He won't notice, I thought as I unbuttoned the first few buttons on my shirt. I delicately began wrapping my chest, giving a few quick and tight tugs every time I came back around. The bandage pinched my skin and I whimpered.

"Damn it" I hissed to myself.

"Need help there?" I suddenly turned around to face Spot, bumping my hip into the corn of the sink and biting my lip to hide the pain.

"I'ms fine" I growled."Is been doin' dis a while."

"Well wes don't have time to wait around for yous to get ready, Mys. Wes gotta get our papes." He grabbed my shoulder and spun me around so my back faced him. Then he slowly removed my shirt from my shoulders, so it hung around my hips. I shivered as his fingers grazed my shoulders and his breath hit the back of my neck.

"Give me the bandage."

"Spot I can dos it myself."

"Now." He snapped. I quickly handed him the bandage that was still partially wrapped around my chest. He continued wrapping it around me quickly and tugged more fiercely. I whimpered again, as it pinched my skin and I moved forward – away from the pain. I twitched as I felt Spot's hand grasp my hip and guide me back towards him.