Chapter 13: Swimming

My eyes fluttered open. As I rubbed the sleep from my eyes I glanced around the room and spotted a familiar figure sitting in the chair by the window. Spot. I stretched, reaching my hands high above my head and letting my toes curl into the sheets. I could see Spot look up from the book he was reading and chuckle.

"What time is it?" I asked in a groggy voice.

"12:45"

"What!" I shot out of bed and immediately regretted it as I remembered that I was wearing nothing but Spot's shirt. He cocked his head and frowned at my legs, mostly at the scars that covered them. I winced at him and then down at my legs, trying to hide one of them behind the other. "Yous didn't wake me to sell?" I snapped trying to cut through the awkwardness.

"I figured yous could you the day off considering yesterday's events and last night." I squinted at him in confusion.

"Last night?"

"Yous don't remember?"

"Remember what?" I asked a bit worried.

"Yous had a pretty bad dream. Yous were screamin' Mys." He looked at me intently. "I think this was your worst one."

"What do yous mean the worst one?"

"Mys, I hear yous just about every night mumblin', tossin' and turnin'. Not goin' to lie Is usually just roll over and ignore yous..."

"Oh thanks" I interrupt him sarcastically.

"But last night yous were screamin' Mys. Woke me and most of da boys up." I gulp and look down at the ground embarrassed. I don't remember dreaming about anything, let alone something that would make me scream, but I had a pretty good idea what the dream could be about – Victor. "What were yous dreamin' about?"

"Hmm?" I look up startled by his question.

"Mys, what were yous dreamin' about?"

"I don't even knows" I mumbled wrapping my arms around my waist. "Why were yous here watching me?" I glanced up a him briefly.

"I was concerned for yous."

"Whoa, the great King of Brooklyn? Concerned for me?" I teased.

"Haha" he said in a monotone voice. "Believe it or not, yous are my responsibility."

"Mmhhmm" I said rolling my eyes and heading to my dresser for some clothes. "I can take care of myself ya know." I could feel Spot's eyes follow my every move.

"Doubtful" Spot chuckled "considering I had to do your laundry for you."

"What, no way." I comment as I pull a draw open to see my freshly cleaned trousers and button up tops. I turn around wide eyed. Spot smirks, getting up from his chair. He walks toward me and leads down over me.

"Yous were saying princess?"

"Uh, what Is meant to say was thank yous." I bit my lip.

"Huh, that's what Is thought." He stood up straight, removed his cap and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Is was getting to it" I mumbled a bit too loudly as I turned back towards my dresser.

"Not fast enough" Spot retorted. "I swear, yous are worse than most of my boys." I roll my eyes and silently mouth Spot's words into the dresser, making fun of his comment. I pulled out a shirt and a pair of trousers. As I turned around I meet Spot's glare from across the room. He must have caught me mouthing and making fun of his previous comment. I smile shyly, hoping I won't get scolded.