Chapter 10: Thee Meeting

It was couple hours until the meeting at Medda's. I laid in bed staring up at the ceiling.

"Mys?" I sat up suddenly at the sound of my name. Spot stood in my doorway, leaning against the door frame. "Time to go."

"Do Is have to go?" Spot smirked.

"Yous wouldn't wanna to miss your own party, now would ya?"

"Im sure no one would mind."

"Is would" he smirked. I rolled my eyes. "And so would Jackie Boy."

"Jack! He's coming?" I perked up at the thought of seeing Jack again.

"Mhm. He better be. Is did order all of the New York newsies to come." I smiled slightly before returning to staring back at the ceiling. "Oh, no yous don't" Spot said walking towards me. He grabbed my arms and pulled me to my feet. I groaned.

"Spot..." I whined.

"Come on. We leave in 10, so get ready." Spot left me and I headed to the bathroom to freshen up. I ran my fingers through my hair and swept it to one side. Placing my newsies cap on my head, I exited the bathroom and head downstairs to the main room. All the newsies were gathered. Spot glanced at me and whistled. All his newsies hushed. "Let's get rollin'! Mys, yous are up by me!" I rolled my eyes and made my way towards my baby sitter.

After a long walk I finally saw Medda's and a familiar figure leaning against the wall outside. It was Jack. He was with Race and Crutchy.

"Jack!" I screamed running towards him, leaving Spot and his newsies in the dust. He turned abruptly and grinned at me, arms open. I few into his arms and squeezed him tighter than ever. He squeezed back lifting me off the ground.

"Hiya trouble maker. What are yous doin' here and out of disguise?" he glared down at.

"Uh, well, that's kind why wes are all here." I smiled slightly. Jack sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Figures." Race smirked puffing on a cigar. I punched him in the shoulder glaring at his remark. "Did ya miss me?" I rolled my eye.

"Mys?" He questioned.

"Hiya Jackie Boy" Spot interrupted as he approached us. "How's it rollin'?"

"Not too bad Spot." The two of them smiled and shook hands.

"Race. Crutchy." Spot greeted them nodding curtly.

"Is hope she hasn't been too much trouble?" Jack said smiling slightly at Spot.

"Uh, is da grass green?" Race said, cracking up. Jack, Crutchy and Spot all chuckled. I fiddled with my trouser pockets as I noticed Spot glance over at me.

"Nah, nothin' that Is can't handle" he responded smirking.

"Good to hear." Jack and Spot walked inside talking together while Race, Crutchy and I followed.

"It's good to see ya Mys!" Crutchy said grinning at me.

"Ha, you to Crutchy, you to." I smiled back. As we entered Medda's I could see hundreds of newsies. Most of which I didn't even recognize. I weaved my way through the hordes of newsies and towards the drinks before I felt a hand on my shoulder. I spun around to face Spot.

"With me" he motioned me to follow and I did as commanded. I followed close at his heels as he pushed through the crowd and towards the stage. The lights blared down on us as we stood on the stage. Spot looked out of the crowed, scanning it. Then he whistled suddenly. "Quiet down! And listen up!" He shouted. The newsies immediately hushed and turned their attention towards the King. My eyes scanned the crowd for Jack. He was in back and smirking right at me. I smirked back and shoved my hands in my pockets. I was nervous for how things were going to play out. Spot glanced back at me before addressing the newsies. "By now most of yous have heard da rumors" he paused "and as yous can see, they are true." The crowd started to whisper and a few booed. "Quiet!" Spot shouted so loud that I jumped a bit. "This is Mys!" he pointed back at me. "She is my newsie and..."