Chapter 19: Connections

I heard him stumble towards my room before pausing in front of my door. I could see his shadow underneath the door. It caused my heart to beat faster and faster, so fast I thought it might explode. He snickered before the door handle jiggled and the door creaked open. His slouched over figure appeared and the doorway. He grinned evilly and stumbled toward my bed. I brought my knees to my chest and tucked up in the corner on my bed.

"What, do yous think ya could hide from me?" I huffed trying to find the words. "Get over here you worthless bitch."

"No...pl...please Victor."

"Don't tell me 'No'" he snapped as he lunged toward me, slapping me across the face. My head swung to the side, into the wall. I reached up to grab my face, tasting blood."

"Victor, please."

"Victor, please" he mocked me grabbing my arm and pulling me towards him. My body slipped on the sheets causing me to lay on my back as Victor stood over me in full control. "Shut up you little bitch. You're mine and I will do anything I please."

"No" I cried "Lily!" I cried out for help, hoping she would come to me.

"Haha haha!" Victor bellowed, "you really think Lily is going to help you?"

"Please, please" I whined before he struck me again.

"Quiet! You're nothing! No one loves you. No one wants you. Ha, you should consider yourself lucky that we took you in" he spat in my face as tears streamed down my cheeks. He snickered as he leaned up and started to undo his belt. I shook my head trying to get up, before he pushed me down.

"No!" I screamed trying to get up again. Victor came at me again, but I was ready. I pulled my arm back and managed to punch him in the face. He grabbed his face in pain before falling on the bed beside me. I leaped up and headed for the door, but I wasn't fast enough. I felt Victor's hands grab my shoulders, dragging me back. He flung me onto the bed and slammed the door. He slowly turned to face me. Glaring at me, he reached in his pocket and pulled out his pocket knife. My heart dropped, and I began to shake. He's going to kill me, I thought.

"You're going to regret that you little bitch," he growled, holding me down.

"No! No!" I screamed. Victor slashed at my right side causing the most unbearable pain. I screamed and cried, trying to kick out.

"Oh, you like that? Maybe we should give you some matching ones on the legs." Again and again he sliced my legs, leaving mark after mark, each time whispering in my ear "You're nothing."

"NO! STOP!" I wiggled underneath him trying to get free.

"STOP!"

"Mys!" I stopped fighting for a second. "Mys!" Victor yelled in my face. It wasn't his voice though.

"Mys, wake up!" suddenly the whole world started to shake. I punched Victor and pushed him off me, as I did so, he disappeared, and my vision went blurry. I curled up on my bed and covered my eyes.

"Mys! Mys!"

"STOP!" I screamed on last time before everything went black.

"Mys! Mys, look at me!" I blinked rapidly trying to see clearly. My vision was still blurry. After a second or two I could final see Spot in front of me. He held me in a sitting position on the bed by my shoulders. He searched my eyes as if he was trying to figure out if I was still alive or not. I panted and looked all around the room. Sunny, Bird, Ace and a couple other newsies stood in the doorway. I realized it was just a dream, but it felt so real. I reached for my right side where the scar decorated me. The pain was still there.