Chapter 15: Nightmares, Revenge, and Feelings

"You're nothing you little bitch." Victor sneered as he walked towards my bed unbuckling his belt. I shifted and curled up in the corner of my bed, my back against the wall. "Haha, you think you can hide from me?" He said grabbing my arm and flipping me, so my back faced him.

"No" I cried. "Please... don't. Please" I felt the sharp sting and the snap rang in my ear as Victor beat me.

"You're... a... good for nothing... whore." He spat out in between lashes.

"Victor, please! Please stop!" I pleaded as my skin burned.

"Huh" he chuckled. I heard the belt hit the floor and I slowly turned around. Then more tears poured down my face as I saw him remove his trousers.

"No, no, please" he lunged at me slapping me in the face. I fell back. Before I could get up Victor pinned me down.

"Aww, did that hurt? Don't worry Princess. I'm going to make it feel all better."

"NO!" I screamed before jolting awake. Light flooded my eyes as I shot up in my bed. I felt a hand on my shoulder and began to panic. "No, no! Get away from me!"

"Mys!"

"Stop let go of me!" I screamed throwing my arms about.

"Hey! Hey, Mys. It's alright!" I began to slow down a bit, taking in the situation. "Mys you're safe." Spot said cupping my face in his hands and brushing my tears away with his thumbs. He looked deep into my eyes as I breathed heavy.

It was only a dream, I thought. I looked about the room. I few newsies stood in the door way, in their boxers, staring at me. Embarrassed, even more tears left my eyes and I began to breath heavier and heavier. Spot looked at me with such concern, before turning around to see the boys.

"Get back to bed" he snapped at them. Without hesitation, they disappeared. Spot looked back at me. He was in nothing but his boxers. I could not bring myself to look at him in the eyes. This was so embarrassing! "Mys? Mys, look at me." I let me head drop, its full weight was now in Spot's hands. "Mys" He said more sternly, shifting my face in his hands so our eyes met. "Mys, are you ok?"

"I'm fine", I said brushing his hands from my face. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand before getting out of bed. Spot grabbed my hand, stopping me.

"You know you don't have to do that with me?"

"What?", I sniffled.

"Act all tough", he clarified.

"I'm not. I'm fine", I said curtly looking down at his chest and twisting my hand away from him. I headed towards the bathroom as he spoke.

"Mys, why do you have to make everything so difficult?"

"Says you." I snapped before turning the faucet and splashing some water on my face. I could hear him sigh heavily. That was something I probably shouldn't have said. I stood up, biting my lip, nervous for his response.

"You know you are just continuing to prove my point", he said leaning up against the bathroom door frame, watching me dry my face. I sighed, giving up. I looked at myself in the mirror. As I did I could feel tears forming again. "Mys?" Spot asked concerned.

"I'm fine!" I growled, pushing past him.

"Ok we both know that isn't true, so what don't yous tell me something else."

"Fine! I'm peachy!" I snapped back before crawling into bed and turning away from him.

"Peachy?", chuckled.