Mind Games - Chapter Two

---

---

I hopped into my little blue Holden and started the engine. Taking  a deep breath I switched on the ignition and began the long journey to the Beacon Hills Memorial hospital.

Pulling into the visitors car park, I parked the car and entered through the big glass doors. I hated this place. It only bought back horrid memories from my past. Nearly everyone I knew ended up in here. Nevertheless, I always pushed that aside and still came here every afternoon to see her.

I walked into the elevator and pressed the button to the third floor. The elevator ride seemed to drag on forever. 

When it finally reached the third level, I hastily walked out of the doors and to her room - room 103. I was always cautious when coming here, since I didn't want Scott's Mum seeing me. If she did, I just knew she would tell Scott and then the others would find out, and I desperately didn't want that to happen.The group may have secrets, but little do they know so do I...

As I approached the wooden door I saw her doctor come out from her room, "Ah Hayley back again I see" Dr Miles greeted clutching his clipboard.

"How is she doing today?" I shyly asked. I always got the same Déjà vu feeling whenever I arrived. I was so sick of asking the same question everyday.

He shook his head and looked down, "I'm sorry but her condition still hasn't improved..." And there it was. The same answer I was given every. Single. Damn. Time... I simply nodded and opened the door.

"Hey Lucy..." I quietly greeted my pale sister who was sitting up in her hospital bed.

She gave me a weak smile, "Hi Hales..." I went over and sat down in the uncomfortable green chair. I slowly put her hand in mine and rubbed my thumb over her hand. "How have you been doing?"

"You know, same old same old... Not getting any better." She glumly stated and feebly turned her head towards me. She looked exhausted. Even though she spends all her days sitting in a bed, she's never looked worse. I gulped at her reply and observed my younger sister. Her eyes were lifeless and not as full of joy as they usually were.

She smiled, "Hey don't give me that sympathetic crap, tell me how was school?" I looked at her and smiled,  trying to ignore the fact that someday she wasn't going to be there. Instead I pushed all that aside and began to tell her all about my day, and how strange things are getting.

I told her funny stories about Stiles and I watched her face light up as she laughed. An actual laugh. It was soft and sweet, and when she laughed I couldn't help but laugh as well, but then her face instantly turned to pain and she began coughing. "Are you okay Luce?" I anxiously asked her and stood up.

"I'm-" she coughed again, "fine... It just hurts sometimes when I laugh." She weakly informed me and adjusted herself in her bed.

"I-I'm so sorry." I gulped and looked at her, before brushing a strand of hair out of her face.

"I'll be okay. It's getting late, you should probably head back home to Aunt Katherine." She insisted and I let out a small yawn.

I gave her a quick nod, before I began to turn around to grab my bag. My eyes quickly flickered to outside her room and I could've sworn I saw a shadow looking at us. I immediately rubbed my eyes and the shadow was gone. My mind is obviously playing games with me.

I picked up my brown leather handbag and approached Lucy, "I'll see you tomorrow at-"

"The same time you always get here, and I'll be here waiting for you as always." She smiled at me once again. I took a step towards her and lent in, giving her a kiss on her forehead.