The Connection - Chapter Twenty-One

---

---

I parked the car in my Aunt's driveway and ran up to the door knocking a few times. My eyes filling with tears.

After leaving the loft I needed to go home; to my real home.

It was late at night and I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't answer. The door then slowly creaked open, my Aunt was wearing her night gown. "H-Hayley," She surprisingly spoke with her eyes widened.

"H-hi," I sobbed and felt a warm tear drop down my cheek. She pulled me into a hug and shut the door behind me. 

"Hey, you're okay, you're okay." She said and stroked my back.

I pulled away from her and wiped my eyes, "I'm sorry to wake you, I-I just need to come home for a bit."

She nodded, "You alright? What happened?"

"Just haven't been sleeping all to well, and was rather homesick." I lied to her. Although, I was partly homesick.

She smiled at me and lead me to my room, "Is there anything I can get you?"

"No, I'm just glad to be home." I weakly smiled and she hugged me once more, before leaving me.

I let out a huff and sat on my old bed. I knew running away from Isaac would only make this worse, but I just couldn't face him after what I did.

---

---

It's been a couple of days since the kiss between Isaac and I, and I have been staying at Aunt Katherine's.

For the past two nights I haven't slept much, my mind has been a wreck. I've had more of those horrible visions and either wake up screaming or think I'm still dreaming.

However, I was determined to make this week a good one. Today was Monday which meant, despite it being a brand new week, I had school.

I took out my phone and texted Isaac to pick me up. Better to see him now than later when he is even more worried. I also decided to text him, because he had been nonstop blowing up my phone.

I only texted him once saying I was safe and okay, but never told him where I actually was. Knowing Isaac he would've come straight to me if I had revealed I was back home. 

My eyes went over to my bedroom window. The skies were grey and I felt my current mood was convenient for the matching weather outside. Speaking of weather, it has been an absolute bitch. I didn't know what was going on with mother nature lately, but there has been so much rain, lots of wind and cold weather for the past few days.

I did my morning routine and went to my wardrobe to pick out today's outfit. I found a knitted sweater and black jeans, I was feeling rather plain and simple today and decided this was the outfit to wear.

 I found a knitted sweater and black jeans, I was feeling rather plain and simple today and decided this was the outfit to wear