Free Periods - Chapter Thirty - Four

---

---

My eyes fluttered open the next morning, the duvet was tossed and scrunched around our bodies. My mind flashed back to last night and the thought Isaac had. "God I love you so much,"

That phrase was on repeat in my mind. It was all I could think about as I lied next to him, with his warm hands wrapped tightly around my waist.

Why didn't he say it to me in person?

How do I know if I even love him back?

My stomach was grumbling with uneasiness, I was scared. I wasn't sure why, but I kept thinking what would I do if he actually said that to me in person. I am not good with confrontation and I knew that for a fact.

Hesitatingly getting up and carefully untangling myself from Isaac. I took my necklace off and placed it beside him. Grabbing a sticky note from my desk I wrote, "Please look after it, decided to head to school early."  I quickly placed it on the crystal and hastily tried to get quietly changed and leave the apartment before he woke up.

I had a feeling that today would be a day of avoiding him.

Entering the school grounds my phone had been like a bee in the back pocket of my jeans, constantly buzzing.

I didn't have to look at it to know who it was, because I knew it was Isaac. I turned my phone off preparing myself for the excuse of, 'My phone died' for when he finally caught me, which I didn't doubt would be soon.

Walking into the chattering halls I immediately found Stiles and grabbed his arm, "Hey, what's up?" He quizzed me. I knew he could tell that something was wrong with me. 

"I just need a favour from you, without any questions attached."

He nodded understandingly and I checked my shoulders making sure Isaac wasn't in the school grounds yet. "When Isaac gets to school, or if he asks you if you have seen me, tell him that I'm sick and haven't been feeling well. Tell him that when a Mentis gets sick they can cause werewolves to become extremely violent and then say he should keep his distance." 

Looking at Stiles' shocked face he kept his deal and replied, "Okay will do," I gave him a smile filled with thanks and headed to my locker. I grabbed my textbooks and notebooks, before I rushed off to the library.

I sat in the library in the very back, particularly the isle that no one goes into. I opened my science textbooks and began the study session by myself, focusing every bone in my body to not think about Isaac.

"So this is where you are hiding out," A deep voice asked, and my body jumped while my stomach felt like it hit the bottom of the earth.

Feebly tilting up my head, there Isaac stood in front of me, "Oh, hey didn't see you there." I smoothly replied as if nothing was wrong in the entire world. 

He gave me a fake grin before his face returned back to serious, "You wanna tell me why Stiles rushed over to me as soon as I walked through the doors and told me some bullshit lie." He raised a brow.

My eyes sank to the floor and he sat down beside me, "Isaac-"

"What you think I wouldn't crack the code Hayley Steel. Deaton never told me about this sickness that affects werewolves. Trust me he would've, because when I wanted to protect you I didn't leave the clinic till one in the morning because I wanted to know everything and read everything about your abilities to keep YOU safe!" He snarled.

My body rushed with panic, and my palms began to sweat, "Can we not do this,"

"Hayley, I know you're bad at confrontation okay, but running away because I did something that I have no clue about isn't something that should be first instinct for you. In order for us to workout we need to communicate okay." He spilled out and I could tell he was so pissed at me.