In Your Head - Chapter Sixteen

Hey everyone it would make me really happy if you voted and commented!!! Happy reading 😘

---

---

I looked around the room and everyones expressions were shocked. "Wait, you are going to go inside that wolves head?" Stiles asked me trying to figure out how I could help the creature.

I nodded at him before Deaton explained further, "Since the whole existence of Mental wolves revolves around their mind being tricked into thinking they have accepted the bite, Hayley would un-trick their mind. Basically, she would alter their minds to thinking they didn't accept the bite; or un-trick their minds if you will. Hopefully that should result in them becoming human again." Scott was deep in focus listening to Deaton's words.

"Well how exactly is that dangerous?" Derek spoke up and crossed his arms.

"Well firstly it is someone else's mind. Meaning there is a chance she can get lost, or their own mind can play tricks on her. There is also the possibility that Hayley can mess up their mind even more. Summarily, if she tampers with their mind it can lead to two different outcomes. Success or... Death."

Almost everyone's eyes bolted open wide. "D-death," Allison stuttered and flicked her head towards me. I felt myself gulp as I nodded once more.

I took a deep breath, "I'm going to do it," I said with shakiness present in my voice.

Someone then grabbed my hand and spun me to face them, "It's too dangerous Hayley," Isaac said as his eyes locked with mine.

"I-I have to at least try, this is the only way we can save them." I told him trying to steady my voice. I turned back around to face Dr Deaton. "What happens now?" I said nervously and slowly lifted my head up to face Deaton's.

"You will need to say the phrase, Mentis Imperium". It will require complete and utter focus. You should then be transported inside his mind. Your body will become lifeless as you will have left your present body to be transported into their mind. Once inside, I'm not quite sure what to expect. You must stay focused as there will be mind tricks happening. You must remember that it isn't reality, and trust me it will be hard. In their mind look for something about wolfves or try and find them inside their own head. That is all the information I can give you..." He trailed off.

I took in what he was saying and tried to steady my breath. "Also I need one of you that has a strong connection with her to stay beside her, to help bring her back." He declared, and I looked around the room.

My eyes locked with Isaac and he spoke up, "I'll do it," I felt Scott's gaze hit me and I gulped, he still wasn't keen with Isaac. Isaac stepped forward grabbing my hand in reassurance, giving it a small squeeze. Deaton then beckoned for everyone to leave.

"Be careful alright," Scott said as he came up to me, his brown eyes filled with worry. Him and Stiles quickly gave me a hug before they walked out.

"You have to come back alright, I'm not losing you too." Allison mumbled with her eyes glistening with tears. I simply nodded and held her tightly, before she left as well.

It was just Isaac and I, Deaton had left to go prepare some things, giving us a moment alone. "Isaac, are you okay?" I asked him with a raised brow.

He smiled, "Yeah..."

"I really don't want you to do this." He thought.

"Why is that?" I asked and he gave me a weird look, before it clicked that I heard him thinking. He walked up to the steel table I was now sitting on, and he grabbed my hand. "I always forget you can read minds." He blurted out, and locked eyes with me.