Dead Wolves - Chapter Twenty - Nine

---

---

It had been at least a week since I had been through my 'gaining control' state and life couldn't be more simpler.

I felt powerful being in full control, and finally felt strong. I hadn't had those horrible hallucinations of my dead relatives and ended up asking Deaton about it. He told me that since I am in full control, the mind games would stop. I still remember walking out of the clinic with a wild smile on my face.

However, he also mentioned that I still needed to protect the crystal at all costs because if someone gets control of it, they can still control me and my powers, and since I am in full control who knows what I could do.

I sat on my bed reading my history text book for what felt like the millionth time today. I looked over at Isaac who was also lying down on my bed beside me reading his history book as well.

I turned the page and heard Isaac let out a groan, "Can we please stop now?" He groaned and I shook my head at him. I had let my grades slip too low and needed to pick them up desperately.

"No way, come on we only just started."

"Oh come on Hales it's been an hour." My body froze after that name left his lips. Time stopped and it felt like everything was put on pause. I hadn't heard someone call me that nickname in so long, it felt ancient and left a piercing pain through my heart.

Isaac's hand jumped to my shoulder, "What's wrong, your face just dropped suddenly?"

"I-uh," I licked my lips trying to catch my breath, "you called me a name Lucy used to call me." I drifted off feeling the piercing pain seep away.

His eyes widened and grabbed my hand, "I-I'm so sorry I didn't know."

I smiled at him, "It's okay you didn't know."

"I won't call you it again." He kindly told me, his eyes full of sorrow.

I gave him a short smile, "No it's okay, I like it when you call me it, it makes me feel like she is still around."

"She always will be," He smiled back and squeezed my hand. We just laid on my bed staring into each others eyes.

"Okay back to work," I spoke up breaking our gaze and turned to my textbook. I find my eyes re-reading the same paragraph I had been on since I kept on daydreaming.

I felt Isaac's hand reach around my neck and grab my crystal, "Hey be careful with that," I warned him and tried to snatch it off him, but he was far too quick for me. "Isaac give it back," I instructed reaching my hand out towards him.

"No way, I think I can have a little fun with this." He smirked at the crystal and then his smirk drifted to me. I immediately knew what he was going to do and went to jump on him. If it wasn't for his werewolf reflexes I would've caught him easily.

Instead he rolled off the bed and stood opposite me, "Isaac I know what you are going to do, and we don't have time for that, we need to study for exams." I tried to sternly say, feeling the smile creep up on my face.

"Hayley, I command you to shut our textbooks and chuck them off the bed." I pressed my lips together and obeyed his commands.

"I hate you," I said as I threw the books of the bed.

"Now, now don't speak to your master like that." He grinned cheekily and my stomach fluttered, his smile was so bright.

He looked down at the crystal before looking back to me, "Now take out your pony tail,"

"Okay why?"

"Because, I think you look even more beautiful with your hair out." He complimented me and my heart beated a little faster. I obeyed him once more letting my lushes brown locks fall to my shoulders.