Lie To Me - Chapter Fourteen

---

---

I widened my eyes in shock as I looked at Stiles' Dad in his Mental Wolf form. I knew it was going to attack us. Deaton took a step back, and for once I decided to be brave and I stood in front of him, the creature let out a loud growl and ran towards us swinging its claws hysterically. I ducked and Deaton took cover under the metal table. "What do we do?" I asked not wanting to hurt the sheriff.

"You can stop him, Hayley. You need to focus and try and control his mind." Deaton quickly replied to me and I stumbled back. The wolf began throwing cabinets down, and different objects went flying everywhere. I screamed a little before I looked at the sheriff and focused, I kept thinking 'stop' in my mind. "It's not working!" I raised my voice and took a step away from it.

"You need to focus your mind like I taught you."

"Well it's kind of hard to focus, when there is a beast trying to kill you!" I snapped back at him and crouch down as a cabinet is pushed down. I took some deep breaths, the beast looked down at Deaton who was in a corner covering his head as things flew rapidly around the room. I thought quickly and grabbed onto the steel table in the centre of the room. I then shoved it towards the beast using all my strength. It hit the wolf and caused it to stumble over slightly.

Now was my chance, I took one more breath, thought of my memory and focused. I looked into his eyes and felt the connection, I then thought, "Stop and go back to your alpha." it froze in its place. It then moved the table and looked as if it was going to attack me once again.

It took one look at Deaton then back to me before it ran out the door. I did it? I felt myself do a little victory dance, "Did you see that!" I giggled and helped Deaton up.

He nodded, "Yes good work, you better call Scott and let him know." He praised me before he looked around his clinic that was utterly wrecked. He sighed before picking up some of the files that had fallen.

I bent down to help him but he shooed me off. I exited the animal clinic and walked over to my car. I quickly dialled Scott's number and informed him of the previous attack that occurred in the clinic, he was shocked to hear Stiles' Dad had been affected and knew he had to tell Stiles.

I began the drive to the loft and had a sudden feeling something was wrong. I don't know if it was my conscious or my supernatural abilities acting up, but I could feel something wasn't quite right.

Once I parked my car I hastily walked up the stairs, taking two at a time till I reached the door. I walked in and saw Erica lying on the couch. She looked horrendous; cuts all over her body, her head look bashed; she had a black eye forming, "What the hell happened?!" I yelled out as I shut the door and rushed over to Erica's aid.

"She was attacked by a group of the Mental Wolves..." Boyd informed me, I felt myself gulp and turned back to Erica, she was slowly losing consciousness.

"Why isn't she healing?" I questioned and shook my head.

"We don't know," Derek spoke up, he gave a distinct nod to the other two boys and they crowded around her. "Okay, Erica this might hurt a lot."

The three werewolves then extend the claws and jabbed them into her body, which was followed by Erica screaming in agonising pain. My face scrunched up, I hated that she was hurting.

They soon removed their claws and slowly Erica was healing, "What did you do?"

"I think there was some sort of toxin in her body that was delaying the healing process. All we did was sped up the process; she is going to be fine." Derek explained and I let out a sigh of relief.