Back Home - Chapter Thirty

---

---

I sat in awe feeling the beads of sweat drip down my face, I quickly wiped them off, "Then why don't we just go out and find him?" I asked Derek.

He shook his head, "There is no point, he will be in a place that we wouldn't think of. Our best chance will be to find him on the full moon. Anyway training is finished go get cleaned up." His jaw hardened and he exited the loft.

I always felt kept in the dark sometimes with Derek, I never enjoyed being kept in the unknown, but yet here I am again.

I wandered off and headed straight for the showers. I had a quick one feeling the need of sleep hit me like a truck. As I got onto my bed my door knocked, I used my vision and saw Erica standing before me, "Come in Erica," I called out before she walked in.

"Hey can we talk?" I nodded my head and smiled, which made her come and join me on my bed.

"Is everything okay?"

"I'm just going to come out and say it." She started and I raised my brow waiting for her to continue, "Boyd and I are leaving."

My eyes widened so big that you would've thought I was a cartoon character, "W-What do you mean, you can't just leave!" I raised my voice at her.

"Shhh I don't want Isaac knowing, he will tell Derek. Also you can't tell Derek." She stated and my stomach dropped.

"Erica what do you mean you're leaving. You can't just leave. We are a pack, we need strength in numbers."

She gave me a soft smile, "Boyd and I know that there are other packs out there, we heard them the other night. We just don't think we belong here in Beacon Hills anymore."

I didn't know what to say. Erica was becoming really close to me and now she just wanted to leave, "I-I don't know what to say. When do you leave?"

"Boyd and I are going to stay until we sort out this Mental Wolf problem, but after that we will be departing." Her eyes then wandered down and I still couldn't believe this, why would they leave us, we needed them.

I didn't say anything more, just pulled her into a tight hug, "I hope you find what you're looking for." I tried to muster out while my eyes teared up.

"Yeah I hope so too, but don't tell lover boy or Derek. We will tell them soon though." She warmly smiled once more, and I noticed the tears form in her eyes.

I nodded quickly, "I won't," we pulled out of the hug. I didn't know why suddenly she wanted to tell me this now. I didn't want them to leave, they are my pack, they are my family.

---

---

The next morning everything just seemed colder, I don't why, everything just did. Maybe it was because of Peter, or maybe it was because Erica and Boyd were leaving the pack.

It felt like a cloud of negativity surrounding me and I had a feeling it was my gut telling me the Mental Wolf problem was just going to keep getting worse and worse.

It was fairly early in the morning and I had a restless night, I kept tossing and turning, I still couldn't get over the fact of what Erica told me.

I got out of bed and took a quick shower hoping to warm my body up, but it didn't seem to work. Once getting out I slipped on some black skinny jeans and a long sleeve shirt.

Goosebumps were clearly evident on my arms, I used my vision and looked through to see Isaac slowly getting out of bed. I walked out to the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of cereal before making Isaac some strawberry jam on toast that he loves.