In Your Arms - Chapter Twenty - Three

---

---

I sat on my bed in silence not sure on how to start this conversation. Isaac stood in front of me, his tall body towering over mine. My palms began to sweat, I was not good with confrontation. I took a deep breath and stared at the ground, as that familiar sensation of air leaving my lungs came upon me.

I felt Isaac walk closer to me, before he squatted done in front of me, "Hey, it's okay, I'm not here to yell at you." He tried to soothe me.

"Y-yeah I know, I-just uh am not good at this stuff." I had no idea what I was even saying at this point. I could feel my heart beating, it pounding against my chest. I  felt Isaac grab both of my hands and rub them softly.

"Just take a deep breath," I looked up and met his gaze and felt my body relax almost instantly. He tucked a piece of my brown hair behind my ear and said, "Now can we have a little talk."

I smiled at him, "We really need to,"

"I heard you saying you don't want to hurt yourself again." He started and I gulped at his words, "You know I wouldn't let anything happen to you right?"

I didn't know how to reply to him without hurting his feelings. I just wanted to badly forget about everything and just say "Yes," to him but I couldn't do that, he would know I was lying. Instead I'm going to tell him the truth, "How do you know that Isaac?"

His face became confused, obviously not expecting the response he received from me. "I know that because, I won't ever let anything hurt you."

I scoffed at him and folded my arms, "You can't predict the future, what if there is someone else that catches your eye. What if there is someone else that you want more than me, what if-" He stops me and kisses me softly.

I felt myself stop breathing in that moment, it was soft and gentle and made the hairs on my arms stand up. He pulled away from me and looked straight into my brown eyes, "Hayley, I don't know what will happen in the future, but I can promise you now, you are the only thing I want in my future." He smiled at me, and somehow I knew it was true.

I don't know if it was the sparkle in his eyes, or the hope his smile gave me but I knew he was telling the truth. "Okay," Is all I replied with and a small smile forms on my face.

His eyes start to light up, "Okay, as in you will be my girlfriend?" He raised both of his eyebrows.

I laughed at him and stood up, "Oh, you are going to have to try a lot harder than that, I'm not that easy." I grabbed his hand and walked him over to my bedroom door. "But-w-wait, what?" He muttered and I began to shut my bedroom door in his face.

"Goodnight Lahey," I shut the door and walked over to my bed. I laid back and covered my hands over my face, "What have I gotten myself into to?" I chuckled to myself, and the biggest smile took over my face.

I lazily got up off my bed and changed into some Pj's. I found myself yawning and I crawled into my sheets. I rolled over and I couldn't quite get comfortable, every part of me was itching to creep into Isaac's room and sleep with him, but I stopped myself knowing that would be him getting his way, and I wasn't going to let him have me that easily.

Instead I forced my eyes shut and slowly let my body drift off to sleep.

I never found my body falling into a deep slumber, instead I just lay there re-checking the time on my phone every 20 minutes. I had just been lying there for two hours and I hated not being able to fall asleep. My head had also been pounding for at least half an hour and that is what scared me the most.

I could feel something about to happen to me, but this time I couldn't determine what it was. I suddenly kept hearing someone calling my name over and over again. I kept turning my head left and right and saw nothing, except my darkly lit room.