Epilogue

---

---

THIRD P.O.V

Everyone looked at Hayley's dead body. Silence filled the cold night air. Hope vanished from everyone except Scott.

"What do we... Do now?" Allison mumbled trying her hardest not to cry.

No one replied to her, because no one could acknowledge that she was gone.

A few seconds passed before Scott said, "We wait,"

"For what?" Lydia asked confusedly.

"We wait for her to wake up."

Stiles scoffed feeling a rage build up inside of him, "She's not waking up Scott." He said sternly.

Scott felt a rush of confusion and a pang in his chest from Stiles' harsh words, "She's going to wake up." Scott repeated.

Lydia's eyes looked at the ground and Allison gulped feeling the tension and sadness rise in the middle of the woods.

"Seriously Scott, Hayley isn't coming back." He yelled back with more aggression, clenching his fists.

Scott stood up feeling his pulse quicken, "Stiles what the hell is your problem!"

"My problem, my problem. Hayley just died in front of us all and you're in denial!" He yelled back, fire in his voice.

Scott grunted and walked over to Stiles, "Stop being so negative!"

"SHE'S DEAD!" He screamed and for a moment everyone jumped with fear from Stiles raging voice.

"SHE'S NOT DEAD," Scott screamed back, and Stiles and Scott looked at each other, hurt being the only emotion that was pumping through their veins.

Isaac felt lost in the whole event of what had happened. Even when Stiles and Scott were arguing, he felt as though he was missing something. As if there was something he wasn't remembering.

Stiles and Scott continued to bicker and Allison began crying again. "YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT SCOTT! CAN'T YOU GET IT THROUGH YOU THICK SKULL THAT HAYLEY IS DEAD AND SHE IS NOT COMING BACK!"

It was then when it hit Scott how ridiculous he was being as he looked back over at his dead friend. "She, she isn't coming back." Scott fell to the ground and began punching it.

"Seriously Stiles now look what you've done." Lydia groaned feeling the same amount of hurt they all were feeling, but still wanted to remain strong for Hayley's sake.

Scott threw punch after punch, fist after fist into the dirt. Lydia beckoned Isaac over and they both grabbed his fists, "Scott we get that you're angry but this isn't the way to do it." Lydia stated trying to calm him down.

Isaac was helping hold him down so Lydia could try and calm his nerves, but then he heard something. A single beat. "Hey did you guys hear that?"

They all stopped and looked at Isaac, "Hear what?" Stiles asked and no one said anything, hoping to hear this sound Isaac supposedly heard.

"Seriously what are we listening-"

Suddenly the single beat was heard again and Scott heard it too. "Wait I heard it," Scott quickly spoke and looked towards Isaac.

Silence passed and it felt like minutes were ticking by where they were all sitting in silence listening for whatever that mysterious sound was.

It then returned, and the beats were consistent. Scott and Isaac's heads both turned towards Hayley's body, "That sound, sounds exactly like-"