Revelation

The human stood with a very apparent scowl on his face, the axe clutched in his hand tightly as if it were a child. Looking behind him, Goldie could be seen chained to the cold floor. He struggled futily as the chains glowed and shocked him, eliciting a pained grunt. The others could be seen fighting their respective clones, but it was unclear who was  winning.

"Of course...", he sneered as he glared at the floating puppet, "I should've known you'd try something. Now it's all in jeopardy!"

His eyes moved to the human, who stayed close to the lion as they both glared back.

"And you two..don't even get me started. Even after what I showed you, you STILL wanted to side with them? And it was all because of him!", his voice grew cold as he gestured to the golden bear on the floor, "To think that after we separated we'd be able to come back..."

"What?", Larry asked.

"Hm..I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you.", Mal replied with a small chuckle, "Once upon a time, there was a boy. This boy had power beyond  comprehension, but he desired a simple life. However, he couldn't due to...things. A pity, I'm sure."

"Just get on with it.", Puppet groaned.

"I was getting to that! Anyway..the boy wanted a simple life, but he couldn't. One day, though, he met someone- a girl. She didn't know about his  power. In fact, she thought he was an ordinary human! They grew close..and the boy found that he cared for her immensely. However, some things don't last long."

    Something changed in his tone, the three could  sense it. It changed from psychotically amused to almost saddened. It was almost like..it couldn't be. Could Mal actually be saddened? In their last encounter, he seemed completely obsessed with S- to the point of knocking him out just to get him on his side! Something wasn't adding up...

"He lost her...", he continued, "She died protecting him from what he had to fight. His rage took over, and he killed the monster that took his love. That wasn't the end, though, because he vowed to keep  himself within the shadows and forever keep others away from his treacherous path! That is..until a few weeks ago. He fought another one of those creatures, but something went wrong. His emotions, his mental state..it shattered into pieces. He was spiritually destroyed, and as a result he lost all his memories."

S' eyes widened as he started to get an idea of Mal's story.

"His positive and negative sides split from him, leaving him nothing but an amnesic husk. And now we're here again, all three of us in one place."

"That means...", Puppet started.

"S is...", Goldie gasped.

"BRAVO..you've finally solved the puzzle.", Mal said with a slow clap, "Larry and I were apart of 'S', or should I say Crow."

"Crow?"

"That's his name. When I first arrived, I wanted to leave this retched place and do what he couldn't! I was trapped, however. I couldn't open the portal..I  was only a part of his power, after all. I could sense them, though, which gave way to my plan. If I could somehow sap their powers away and add  them to my own, I'd be free. After all, Crow would've been nothing if it weren't for me."

    The boy gritted his teeth in anger. Was that all he was to Mal? A pawn in his plan? The things about his past were shocking enough, even his real  name, but what Mal said at the end got to him. He didn't know why, but it just..struck him. Usually he'd be clinging to Larry, Goldie being an exception due to his mixed feelings towards him and the others. Now  though, something just..awakened in him, like he needed to say something.