Chapter Fourteen

Frank P.O.V

The moment that I woke up, the little ball of paper came into mind. I fumbled around in the dark searching for it, smiling as my fingers grazed the paper. I tapped on the switch to the lamp, sitting up in my bed, crossing my legs under the covers. My heart began to beat faster in anticipation of reading whatever he had written on the page. I could see his curly handwriting before I had fully unfolded the scrunched paper. There were only three sentences written there:

Hair as dark as your future,
Eyes as bright as your will to live,
If only you could love somebody like me

I frowned as stared down at the paper. I felt like there was a deeper meaning to those three sentences on the paper in my hands. He was describing somebody, but I didn't know who it was. I made a mental note to ask him later, knowing that I couldn't keep myself away from him. I knew that it would be impossible to do that to both him and I. I shivered, placing the paper back down on the nightstand. I had to go and see Mary, she was like a sister to me. I also, secretly, didn't trust her father around her and would instantly sprint to be by her side. Even if it meant helping her with her baby, she could always count on me.

I yawned, stretching, throwing my legs over the side of the bed. The floor was ice cold, but I didn't care. The three sentences that he had written played over and over again in my mind as I looked into the mirror at myself, for once I didn't look sickly. My skin had more colour than usual, but not an insane amount. My cheeks were pinker, and there was no stubble on my cheeks. I smiled, admiring how bright and lively my eyes looked. Maybe I have a chance with him, I thought to myself, shaking the thought from my mind. From the way that he spoke about his sexuality, I felt like he was unsure. I didn't want to pressure him into feeling anything for me. I left the bathroom, after admiring my reflection for a short while. I threw on a white shirt, an old flannel, pulling up my tattered jeans. I dug around in the piles of clothes on the floor, feeling a sense of achievement when I pulled out my old converse.

My car keys were somewhere in the mess of the room, under the piece of paper on my nightstand. I folded it, tucking it into the back pocket of my jeans, keeping my keys in my hands. I picked up my guitar which was leaning against the wall beside the door, cradling it in my arms like a mother would her baby. Accidentally slamming the door to my room shut, I looked along the corridor. I wanted to call on Gerard, to see if he was okay. I shook my head for the millionth time today, reminding myself that it was a Monday. He had much better things to do than think of me.

The engine purred as soon as I twisted the key in the engine, even though the car was close to its own death. I began to drive to Mary's, smiling as I knew that she'd feed me as soon as I entered her house. Her dad would either have gone to work, or would be asleep. I would've preferred him to be dead, but not everybody can have their way. Before I set off, my eyes quickly scanned the parking lot for his expensive car. It wasn't there; he was at work, safe.
The scenery was a brilliant blur of green as I drove along the quiet roads. There were hardly any cars out, which I found quite odd. This early in the morning was usually the prime time for commuters. I shrugged, smiling as I spotted Mary standing in the window. She herself was smiling and waving at me, her baby bump making her look like she had inflated like a balloon. Before I could get out of the car, she was already waiting for me at the porch.

"Morning Uncle Frankie." She teased, her rosy cheeks bunched up near her eyes. I shushed her, a finger to my lips as I locked the car. Her arms were already outstretched to welcome me into a hug. She was warm, comforting, I loved her like a sister.

"How's your little baby?" I asked, gently prodding the bump that was a barrier between us.

"He's fine. He's been kicking a lot. Maybe if you're lucky you can feel later. But first, I made you breakfast." She said, gripping my wrist tightly, dragging me inside her house. Her dad wasn't home, which was great. I hated him so much- I couldn't describe how angry he made me. The way that he treated his own daughter, especially when she was so fragile. Especially when she was carrying a little life inside her. My hands balled into fists by my side as she shovelled bacon onto a plate for me.

"How was your little 'date' last night?" She asked with a cute smile, my hands relaxing immediately. I smiled, sighing loudly. I didn't know how to describe it. I couldn't.

"I think it's safe to say that we both kind of like each other." I chuckled, shaking my head.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Polarize by Twenty One Pilots

A.N
This story is gonna have so much dramaaaaaaaa I love it!!

Don't forget to comment and vote, it helps me out a lot ;)