Chapter Twenty-Two

Frank P.O.V

I slowly found myself drifting off to sleep, the warmth from the fire, and the fact that I was with Gerard was enough to lull me to sleep. I was safe, I was warm, I couldn't have asked for anything more. I never wanted to be away from him, I wanted him to hold me for the rest of forever. As my eyes threatened to close, I felt myself being lifted off the ground. He had scooped me up into his arms, and was carrying me into our tent. I smiled sleepily, happy that he was caring for me. He laid me down again, resting my head on one of the pillows that we had taken from his room. He pulled the covers up to my chin, before leaving the tent.

"Where are you going?" My voice croaked, sleepy mind instantly jumping to conclusions.

"I'm just putting the fire out. Don't worry. I'll be less than a minute." He reassure me, a slight laugh in his tone. I nodded, turning on my side. I was already drifting, as I heard him out out the fire. I heard rustling around outside, before he joined me again. He zipped up the entrance, before lying down next to me. He pulled the covers over himself, grabbing me, pulling me next to him. "Did you think that  I was going to leave you here alone?" He asked quietly, his mouth next to my ear. I nodded sleepily, unable to speak. "I would never leave you Frankie. You should know that."
~>•<~

"Frankie. Wake up." Gerard said in a sing-song voice. I groaned, covering my head with the covers. He laughed, pulling everything off me. I had taken my shirt off in my sleep, the slight cold of the morning caused goosebumps to cover my body.

"Gee." I whined, pretending to cry. Gerard continued to laugh, I opened an eye to see his arms crossed. He shook his head, then tossed my shirt back at me. I frowned at him, pouting. All I wanted to do was sleep, with him holding me. I growled, crawling over to him, resting my head in his lap. I covered my head, and his legs with the covers, hoping that he would let me sleep just a few minutes longer.

"No Frankie, you need to wake up. You can stay with me tonight. It's not like you're never going to see me again." He giggled, taking the blanket away from me. I frowned, as he helped me to sit up. I held up my arms, as he pulled my t-shirt over my head. My hair was all over the place, as was his. But he still looked incredibly handsome, and I couldn't help but smile. "Do you want to get breakfast?" He asked, pulling a face at me. I nodded, leaning into his arms. He hugged me, planting a kiss on my cheek.

After ten minutes of coaxing me out of the tent, we managed to pack things up before the grey clouds above us gave in and released a flood of water. I was still a little tired, it showed when I would stumble. Every time Gerard would stop, turn around quickly, I would sigh, and then we'd giggle at how clumsy I was. He helped me up, taking what I was carrying off me. By the time that we got back to the motel, we were both soggy, and my clothes were caked in mud. We stumbled back to Gerard's room, dumping our things on his floor. He stretched his arms, looking at my muddy body. He started to laugh, which sent me into a laughing fit.

"Go take a shower." He laughed, kissing my muddy forehead. I sighed, laughing with him.
He leaned out of the door, watching me wander back to my room. I waved at him, shoving the key into my door. Closing it behind me, I already felt sad. I wanted to be with Gerard every waking moment, even when we slept. But, I had to shower. I looked like I had been rolling around in the mud, instead of falling in it. I peeled my damp and muddy clothes from my body, tossing them onto the floor. I grabbed a towel from the back of a chair, and waddled over to the bathroom.

I flicked pulled the chord that was attached to the light, wandering over to the mirror. I stood there, looking into my eyes. The dark circles underneath them were beginning to fade- I had had the best sleep in a long time when I was with Gerard. There was mud everywhere, it was caked in my damp hair. I shook my head, watching my hair go everywhere. I sighed, dropping the towel onto the floor. My hand reached into the shower, turning the water on. Standing in the steady stream, I realised that it was boiling hot. My skin began to redden, but the mud was disappearing. I turned it down, realising that I needed to wake up. Feeling the cold blasts of the water against my body, my sleepy senses began to awaken.

"At least you're not drunk." I laughed to myself, wiping the water away from my face. I liked the feeling of being sober, but I liked the feeling of being drunk- with Gerard. Stepping out of the shower, I shook my head, watching the water droplets fly onto the mirror. I towel-dried my hair, and was met with a blast of cold air as I walked into my room.

I hadn't noticed that my phone was frantically ringing- it had already rang ten times...
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Next To You by Alicks

A.N
So much drama in the next two chapters argh. I hope everybody's excited/ready XD

Lemme know what you think?? Don't forget to vote because it helps me out ;)