Chapter Twenty-Seven

Frank P.O.V

His tiny fingers wrapped around my thumb as he looked up at me. I had brought my face down closer to him so that he could see me properly, those blue eyes analysing every inch of my face. I smiled at him, I could already see a lot of Mary in him. He had her piercing stare, and I knew that he'd grow up to be as caring and kind as she was. The thought of her made my eyes burn, so I looked out of the window to see if Gerard was done collecting things for the baby. He was, and was walking hastily over to the car. A light rain had begun to fall, and he was drenched. He sat down with a loud sigh, locking us all in the car.

"How are my boys?" He asked, turning to me with a huge grin on his face. His hair was soaking wet, droplets of water fell down his cheeks.

"I'm perfectly fine, now that I'm out of that house, and away from Mary's sorry excuse of a father, and I'm with you and the baby." I smiled brightly, as he leaned over to kiss me. It was short one, which made me pout, but he threw his car into reverse, and left that house like there was no tomorrow. I held onto the baby tightly, his bag by my feet. He was fast asleep, and I could've sworn that he made hardly any noise at all within the short hours of his birth. Which was probably odd for a newborn, I remembered my siblings crying all night long- but this little guy was so silent, so still and peaceful it felt like a gift from somebody. "And," I added, "The baby hasn't cried at all."

"He's a good little boy that's why." He chuckled, stopping at a red light, reaching over to lightly brush the baby's cheek.

"What are we going to call him?" I asked with a sigh, looking down at the sleeping baby. His fingers were still wrapped around my thumb. Gerard smiled at him, finding it difficult to concentrate on the road.

"Uh, we could call him Gerard." He said with a shrug." I sniggered, shaking my head. He came to a stop outside the motel. He took the key from the ignition, turning to me. "I think that it would be best if we stayed here for the night, so I can call my parents and tell them that we'll be coming tomorrow. I don't want my brother to blow up in front of you and the baby." He said with a sigh, covering his face with his hand. I frowned, moving it away so that I could see him. He was pouting, and looked slightly sad.

"What do you mean your brother will blow up?" I asked with a frown.

"He'll be rude to you, and he'd probably try to report us to the police or something ridiculous like that. He doesn't believe that people like us deserve a place on this earth, not that he has any say in what goes. It really gets to me, because he thinks I'm sick, and will probably try to offend and upset you. So, if I prewarn my parents then they'll get him to go someplace until we find a house to live in." He said with a loud sigh, loud enough to wake the baby. He didn't cry, instead he looked towards Gerard. He wouldn't have been able to see him properly, but I knew that he had recognised his voice. Gerard's eyes lit up immediately, his hands squeezing the air. I handed the baby over to him, he smiled down at him.

"I can deal with people being rude to me Gerard, my entire family are rude to me. As long as you two love me I don't really care what happens." I smiled, watching Gerard pulling faces at our baby. I chuckled, turning in my seat so that I could see them both. He stroked the baby's skin gently, as the baby stared up at him adoringly.

"Seriously though, what should we call him? I don't want to have to keep calling him 'The baby', it doesn't feel right." Gerard pouted, turning to me. I agreed, he was our little boy and the least that we could do was give the poor guy a name.

"What about Edward? Or James?" I suggested, he looked down at the baby, eyes squinting. We shook our heads in agreement. He needed something different, because he was a different baby. He didn't cry like other babies, he didn't behave like other babies. His family was definitely different. Being raised by two fathers was definitely going to be different to his peers. People like Gerard and I weren't allowed to raise children, but we didn't care. We were told to look after this little boy, and each other, no matter what happened.

"What about something like Campbell?" Gerard asked, and my eyes lit up. That was it, something different. I smiled brightly, as Gerard looked up. He was smiling too.

"That's perfect!" I said excitedly, leaning over to place my lips against his. His breath was warm, the baby quietly lying in his arms. I cupped his cheek, pulling away from his lips.

"Come on, let's get him inside." He kissed me on the forehead, using his free arm to open his door.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Alternate World by Son Lux

A.N
This story is so cute to me, like I really love reading it. To me it's kinda different because there's not a lot of smut, and I kinda like that
:3

Don't forget to comment and vote, because it really helps me out ;)