Chapter Forty-One

Gerard P.O.V

I adored how Frank loved our little boy. He'd do anything for our little man, anything at all. I smiled, thinking about how he'd be tucking him in, telling Campbell how much we loved him. I cracked my knuckles, tucking my hands above my head. If I had to wait for Frankie to make sure that our little one was all ready for bed- then I'd wait forever. I stared up at the ceiling, crossing my legs. I had something extra for Frank in my pocket, Campbell and I had picked it out together. Other than banging on the glass with his toddler hands, he wasn't much of a help. I tapped my pockets, checking to see if it was there- thankfully it was. Breathing a sigh of relief, I returned my hands to their perch behind my head.

I heard the creak of the steps, as Frank made his way down the stairs. He sauntered into the room, smiling in his usual manner. I held out my arms to welcome him into an embrace. He frowned, looking towards the door. I stood up, sighing. I jogged towards the door, making sure that it was locked. I slid the bolt across it, messing with the handle. Frank didn't feel secure in our own home, seeing as Mikey hadn't been home with my parents for a while. I took hold of his hand, dragging him along to the kitchen. I locked the door, drew the blinds, checked every window. If it meant that I was making him feel safe, then I'd do it. He smiled, wrapping his arms around me. I rocked him from side to side, planting a kiss on his forehead.

"I'm sorry I'm just so paranoid-"
I shushed him, making him chuckle. I took him back to the lounge, sitting him down on the couch. I held up a finger, he frowned. I knelt down on the floor, looking under the couch. He laughed, kicking me as I got up.

"I was checking for monsters. Just in case they were congregating underneath us." I smiled, sitting down on the couch next to him. Lying down, he crawled on top of me, resting his head in the centre of my chest. I curled my fingers around strands of his hair, I loved how soft it felt. He nuzzled into my chest, I knew that he was thinking about something. "What's wrong?" I frowned, as he shrugged his shoulders. He was thinking about something- more panicking about it. Everything was locked, the phone was in the kitchen in case I had to call the police, or my parents.

"I'm still scared that he's lurking outside. I don't want him to take Campbell away." He said, his bottom lip quivering. I sat up, frowning as tears began to  dribble lazily down his cheek. I held onto his arms, waiting for him to look me in the eyes.

"Frankie," I said in a low tone, making sure that I had his full attention. He turned his streaming eyes towards me, hastily trying to wipe away his tears. "You know, as much as I do that I'll never, never allow that boy to touch our family. I'll never let him inside this house, I'll never let him touch Campbell or be in his life- he won't be here." I said, cupping his cheek, using my thumb to wipe away his falling tears.

"But what if he finds a way in here?" He said, breathing heavily through his tears.

"He won't be able to. I'll work from home, I'll be here every day until my family feels safe. Because I don't want to lose you both because my idiotic brother managed to scare you two away from me. I won't let it happen, I won't let him touch you, I won't let him ruin our family. Okay?" I said, he was looking towards the floor. Looking up at me with sadness still in his eyes, I frowned, as he wrapped himself around me, pressing his face into my chest. As he began to sob, I held him tightly, so that he knew that I'd not allow an inch of harm to touch him.
~>•<~

I woke up, not through it being a new day, but because of a funny feeling. As soon as I opened my eyes, I sensed that something was wrong. Frank was fast asleep on top of me, his hands tucked underneath his head. I frowned, tapping him, his eye opened lazily. He allowed me to slip out from underneath him, to carry him to our room. He mumbled something inaudible, as the stairs creaked underneath our. I'd rather him be upstairs in our room, than downstairs exposed. As soon as I put him in the bed, he buried himself underneath the covers. I smiled, leaving the room.

My next port of call was Campbell's room. He usually had an ear for strange goings on, but he hardly ever spoke. Well, not to us. I've heard him talking to himself before, like he's in a land of his own. It cheered me up, especially when I found him in full toddler conversation with a stuffed animal. Opening his door, I saw him sat up in his crib, tapping the wood with his little fingers.

"Are we not sleeping tonight?"I chuckled, watching him turn around, smiling at me. He giggled, as I wandered over to his crib. He held up his arms, demanding to be held. I smoothed his blonde hair, as he stared at the curtains. "What's wrong?" I asked, carrying him over to window. Pulling them back, I saw that somebody was pacing outside. I didn't have any guesses as to who it was- because I knew exactly who it was. I sighed, letting go of the curtains. I looked at Campbell, he was too busy tapping my shoulder. "Hungry?" I asked, he tapped me harder.

I never know how much stubbornness a child could harbour. After going through the cupboards, finding nothing, I carried him to the fridge. His little infant eyes lit up as soon as he saw a chocolate bar, he was already reaching out towards it before I could say anything. "You can't have chocolate for breakfast Campbell, it's not healthy." I laughed. He turned to me, flashing his teeth. "Campbell James Way you are one years old, and I'm telling you. No chocolate." I said sternly, as he began to scowl.

"Okay, fine. You can have some. Only if you have fruit with it." I said, raising an eyebrow at him. His face softened into a smile, as I put him into his high chair. After giving him his food, I went over to the door. Unlocking it, I leant in the doorway.

"Michael, please get off my property." I sighed, rubbing my eyes, breathing out heavily. He stopped, turning towards me, he looked sickly, pale, deranged.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- No. 1 Party Anthem by Arctic Monkeys

A.N
I've been watching House of Cards whilst I was writing this, and it made me write a hell of a lot more than I usually do ;)

Anyway, don't forget to tag me in stuff because I have a tags book now :P

Don't forget to comment and vote, because it really helps me out <3