Chapter Twenty-Nine

Frank P.O.V

I could tell that Gerard was nervous, and he had every right to be. But, with such loving and understanding parents, he had nothing to fear. Having not grown up in a child-friendly environment, and being expected to provide for the family that I didn't necessarily want to be a part of, I was bound to encounter some sort of problem. My mom, a very strict and proud woman, hated the fact that her son would not continue on the family name, and that he was breaking one of the Ten Commandments. My dad, a weak man- in comparison to my mom- just did whatever my mom told him to do, and that was hate me unconditionally.

I put a hand on his shoulder, to let him know that I was there no matter what his mom's reaction was. Me and Campbell would love him unconditionally until it was the end of our days. He would be the best father to our son, and the best partner to me- I knew that. He was a good-hearted, caring man. The only harm he would ever cast on anybody was himself, when he doubted himself.
"I love you." I reminded him, he reached his hand up to put it on top of mine. He leant into my arm, I could tell that he was crying. I span the chair around, his twisted face confirming my theory.

"I-I" was all that he managed to say. I shushed him, pulling him out of the chair so that I could hug him. That was all he needed- a hug, to show him that he was loved unconditionally, and reassurance, to show him that he was capable of anything that he put his mind to.

"You don't need to speak Gee, I know that you're upset. I know that this is hard for you, because it was harder for me. My mom wouldn't come out to see me, she would always manage to manipulate me into coming to see her. Everything was done at my expense, nothing was ever done for me. Your mom cares about you, and always will do. It doesn't matter whether or not your brother hates you- maybe he's going through something himself," I said, realising that I was rambling, I rocked him from side to side, noticing that he had almost stopped crying, "You know that there's nothing wrong with you. I know it. You know it. You shouldn't listen to people that want to tear you down, they're probably just jealous of you."

"Why would Mikey be jealous of me?" He sniffled, I felt one of his tears trickle down my neck. I frowned, pulling away from him. If he wasn't going to listen to me properly when I was being soft, then I had to be a little harsher. I grabbed his wrist tightly, dragging him over to the makeshift cot that we had built together. Campbell was awake, his blue eyes blinked as we stood over him. Gerard was still sniffling, but was holding a sleeve to his eye to catch he tears.

"Look that baby in the eyes, and tell me one reason why Mikey wouldn't be jealous." I said firmly, he looked at me as if to say that that was a stupid idea. "I'm not asking you Gerard, I'm telling you." I added, refusing to take any crap from him. He sighed, his sleeve still held up to his eyes.

"I- I have a family of my own. He doesn't. I have two beautiful people to live for, and he has nobody but himself." He said quietly, sniffling again, before turning to face me. He wrapped his arms around me, I nuzzled into his chest. He had to remember his words, he had to. Mikey's words were irrelevant in everything, the only ones that should've mattered to him in the first place.

The baby began to make noises, I pulled away from Gerard, peering in at the baby.
"Is somebody hungry?" I asked with a pout, leaning down, reaching into the crib. I picked him up, holding close to my face so that he could see me. Gerard wandered over to the baby's bag, pulling out a bottle formula.

"How're we gonna heat it up?" Gerard asked, rubbing his red eyes.

"Uh? We'd have to go to the front desk, there's nothing in here that we could use. You take the baby and wait here whilst I go, just in case your mom gets here." I said, handing him the baby.

"What if she gets here and you're not back, what will I do?" He asked, he was beginning to panic again.

"Then, you put the baby down, talk to her for a while, and then I'd be back into time to give the baby the bottle. Okay?" I said calmly, touching his arm. He nodded, looking down at the baby, he was wearing a frown. Closing the door, I caught a glimpse of Gerard rocking him gently, talking to him. He was going to be a better father than he ever thought.

I was really hoping that the lady at the front desk didn't remember me from when I first asked for a room here. The landlord was her husband, and was probably out getting drunk with the money that I put into his hands weekly. From what I remembered, she was a caring woman, she had that look in her eyes that screamed that she cared about everybody and everything. I sighed, jogging along the corridor. I followed the sounds of music to the front desk, she was listening to an old, battered radio. I pressed the bell, listening to her scurry out.

"Hi, my sister sent me to ask if you heat milk up for her baby." I asked awkwardly, thinking up the best lie just in case she realised that I didn't have a wife, or a girlfriend, or a female partner in general.

"Sure!" She said with a grin, as I placed he can of milk into her hand. She jogged through to the back, hurrying to me to maintain a conversation. "Is it a girl or a boy?" She asked, still grinning. By the look on her face, I felt like there was a deeper meaning as to why she was so keen to know.

"It's a little boy." I said, turning on my friendly charm. She gasped, her hands shooting up to her cheeks.

"Oh, how old is the little guy?"

"A few days old, she's staying with me whilst her husband finishes decorating their house." I lied, watching her hold up her index finger, asking me to wait. She went back into the back room, after taking the glass bottle from the front desk. After screwing the lid on, she handed it to me.

"I hear carnation milk is meant to be excellent for newborns," she smiled weakly now, a look of sadness in her warm brown eyes, "If Stewart would've allowed me to have a child, I think that I would've wanted a boy." She sighed, patting my hand gently. She left me there, alone at the desk. I shrugged, feeling sorry for her and all, but I wasn't surprised that her beefy, useless husband wouldn't allow her to have children. Everything revolved around him, there were no if, and's or but's about that.

Shoving the key into the lock of the door, I saw Gerard still rocking the baby. I smiled, catching his attention with the sound of the milk in the bottle.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Cosmic Dancer by T.Rex

A.N
It's difficult when you have two endings and sequel idea but you don't know how to pick XD

Don't forget to comment and vote because it really helps me out <3