Chapter Thirty-Six

Frank P.O.V

The wind lapped at our heels, Gerard's hand was over my eyes. Campbell, surprisingly, wasn't squirming in my arms. He only behaved for us. He didn't like to be held by others, old Gerard and I. His hand was wrapped around the neck of a knitted rabbit that Gerard's mom had made for him. It was the only thing that he played with.

"Are you ready?" Gerard asked, I smiled, nodding. I heard him giggle, as his hand moved away from my eyes. I hesitated, as he wrapped an arm around me. Opening my eyes, it took seconds for them to adjust to the bright, summer light. Campbell made a screeching noise, as if to tell us that he was impressed with his dad's find.

The house before me was beautiful. It was well-looked after, and looked large enough to house a million children. I turned to him, as he pulled the baby and I into a strong hug. Campbell began to shake the bunny, as Gerard produced a key from his back pocket. I swapped Campbell for the key, trying my hardest to contain my excitement. It had taken him six months to find a place for us. That, or it had taken him six months to renovate everything.
"Go on." He chuckled, moving his head. I was beaming, I almost sprinted towards the door. I shoved the key into the lock impatiently, watching the door swing open before me.
It was everything I could've dreamed of. I gasped, as Gerard came up behind me. He wrapped his arms around me, kissing my cheek.

"I love it Gerard." I said, still smiling brightly. He rocked me from side to side, as I heard the noise of Campbell's bunny being hit against the floor.

"Somebody else seems to like it here. He's never been so active." Gerard said, turning me around see Campbell. He had pulled off his hat, and was trying to eat it. We pulled faces at him, he stopped bullying the bunny. Gerard shuffled over to him, picking him up. I closed the front door, locking it, slipping the keys into my pocket. I was still amazed- in awe, at this beautiful house that Gerard had bought for our family.
~>•<~

Campbell stared up at me, rabbit in one hand, bottle in the other. He was refusing to sleep, but still I rocked him. Gerard sat on the floor by the window, watching out of the window. Considering we had our own place together, further out from the main town, we were still paranoid. He was terrified of Mikey showing up, trying to disturb our peace. Mikey had moved back in with Gerard's parents, having been living with friends for six months. They said that they had seen him in better shape, but, he was safe. I knew that Gerard loved him, and that he would always love him. But, he didn't want him showing up in the middle of the night to harm us.

"Gee?" I whispered to him, but he didn't reply. I frowned. "Gerard Way?" I whispered again. He turned to me, smiling.

"What?" He replied, crossing his legs, turning to me.

"You need to chill out. We're fine, we're safe," I began, looking down at the baby. He had fallen asleep, finally. I got up, rocking gently as I went. I placed him in his crib, tucking him in, his little fingers still tightly curled around his rabbit. I was comforted by the fact that the back of the house was Mikey-free. Gerard closed the curtains, taking my hand as we wandered out of his room, leaving the door ajar.

I began to walk to our bedroom before Gerard picked me up, hauling me over his shoulder. I giggled, as he shushed me, carrying me down the corduroy. I kicked, begging him to put me down. He sniggered, switching our bedroom light on, throwing me onto the bed before taking off all of his clothes. He closed the door, I held my arms out to him. He smiled, jogging over, wrapping his arms around me. He pinned me down, kissing my neck, I squirmed and giggled underneath him. "What do you say that we christen the house? You know, it's been a while." I whispered, he nibbled on my earlobe.

"What if we wake the baby?" He whispered too, his breathing slow.

"He's a heavy sleeper. Just like you." I joked, he chuckled.

"Are the curtains closed?" I asked quickly, he looked up. I pouted, he rolled off me. He shuffled to the window, looking out of the glass for himself. He pulled the curtains closed, his hands on his hips.

"The curtains are closed. There are no monsters under the bed, or in the closet." He said with a sly smile.

"Ha ha ha." I said, pretending that I didn't find him funny. He grinned like an idiot, crawling on top of me. He rested his forehead against mine, I wrapped my legs around his torso.

"Do you know how much I love you?" He whispered.

"On a scale of one to ten, I'd say seven."

"Thirteen." He said, reaching into my pants. I gasped, he pressed his lips against mine to shush me. We had to be quiet- which was going to be extremely difficult. He disappeared underneath the covers, pulling my pants off, tossing them aside.

I grinned.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Ode to Viceroy by Mac DeMarco

A.N
I think that we're about 3-4 chapters away from the end, I hope that it doesn't upset you guys too much XD

This is one of the cutest stories I've managed to write, and I think I may want to turn it into a script one day- yanno, for that dream of becoming a script-writer ;)

Don't forget to comment and vote, it really helps me out <3