Chapter Forty-Two

Gerard P.O.V

The boy standing before me wasn't my brother anymore. His malicious intents had corrupted his body, twisting it into a sickly, grey mass of skin and tissue. I sighed, as his eyes darted from side to side, as if he was making eye contact with people that didn't exist. I waved a hand in front of him, making sure that he could see who he was really talking to. His lips curled into a smile as he swayed from side to side.

"You don't deserve to own anything." He mumbled to himself, holding onto his arm. I sighed, rubbing my eyes. I was tired, exhausted, but there was no way that I'd be sleeping with Mikey in my back yard and Campbell demanding chocolate in the kitchen.

"Mikey. I don't want to have to fight with you. You're sick, I can tell by the colour of your skin. You've probably not eaten for days- and I wish that I could invite you in and talk at the table, like adults, with my son. But, Frank doesn't trust you. You scare him. Please, go home to mom and dad." I pleaded, trying to look into his darting eyes. He scratched at his arms, looking down at the floor. His clothes were ripped, his face unshaven and littered with stubble. He looked up again, staring at me. There was something evil in his eyes, something that told me that I shouldn't be humouring him.

"I'm not sick." He laughed loudly, throwing his head back as he did so. He was scaring me, in all honesty, but I refused to let him get to me. I was the one looking out for Frank and our little baby, there was nobody else to do that for our family.

"Mikey, your eyes have been darting from side to side for a while. If that's not telling me something, then I don't what is. Let me call somebody, let me get somebody to take you home." I said calmly, holding out a hand to him. He scowled at me, looking up at the sky, as if he was getting an answer from the absent stars. I huffed, folding my arms, listening to Campbell hitting the tray of his high chair. Mikey looked intently towards the door, trying to peer around me. There was no way in hell that he would be finding his way into my home- no chance. The phone was too far away for me to reach it, without giving him an opportunity to enter the house and steal my child.

"You're the one with problems." He said, crossing his arms like an argumentative child. At that point, I had had enough. I closed the door, making sure to lock it. I made sure that the blinds were closed, before plucking Campbell from his high chair. Now that he had finished eating, he had begun to yawn. I cradled him in my arms, holding onto him tightly, as I made sure that everything was still closed. I made my way upstairs, carrying him to our room.

"Frankie?" I whispered loudly, watching Frank emerge from underneath the covers. His eyes were scrunched up, his hand patting the bed as though to invite me in. "Campbell." I said, lying the baby down. Frank's mouth made an 'O' shape, the baby wriggling so that he was in Frank's arms. I smiled, making sure that they were both settled before I went back downstairs. I was going to get rid of him, even if it meant tying his hands together and dragging him down to the police station myself.

Looking through the blinds in the kitchen, I noticed that Mikey was still standing in my yard. I opened the door, closing it behind me. I got closer to him this time, earning a sickening smile. I could see him more clearly now. It was bad enough for me to say that I wished that he wasn't here. I sighed, trying to weigh up my options. I couldn't bring him inside to talk, I would never double-cross Frank like that. I folded my arms, tapping my foot. I wanted a real explanation for him showing up at my house. I wasn't going to accept him trying to ruin everything for me and my family's lives.

"Mikey, I want to know why you're actually here." I sighed, watching him stand up tall. His hand went up to scratch his head, his eyes squinting.

"You've ruined my life." He said simply, looking me square in the eyes. I raised an eyebrow, mouth dropping open. I shook my head in disbelief, he was talking bullshit.

"Please enlighten me Mikey, how have I ruined your life? How have I made you like this? Is me having a family, a little boy, and a boyfriend that I love more than living- something that would bring your world crashing down?" I hissed, trying not to raise my voice. I didn't want Frank to come down with Campbell, I didn't need to fuel his pity party.

"You being what you are, nobody wants me around. They think I'm like you. I can't get a job, I can't buy a house, I can't get a girlfriend. Nobody wants me around." He said, pointing his finger in my face. Batting his hand away from me, I was trying not to punch the boy in the face. His failure to accept any responsibilities was becoming more and more apparent as the seconds ticked by.

"You're forgetting about your family Mikey. They love you, and they want you around- me I'm struggling to want you here, around my family. You terrify my boyfriend. My son doesn't know who you are, and I'm sure that you'd terrify him too. I made a promise that I would always protect my family, and I can't allow you to compromise their safety. You either go home, or I call the police now." I said sternly, watching his face curl into a disgusting smile.

"Okay, I'll go Gerard. I'll go home." He said, heading towards my back gate. He jumped over it, disappearing into the night. I frowned, unable to move for a few. My body shook with anger, as I walked back inside. Locking the back door, drawing the blinds, my one instinct was to call my parents.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now by The Smiths

A.N

This story is almost coming to an end, and I believe that my ending could make you emotional? I don't know? It may make you feel happy?

Don't forget to comment and vote because it really helps me out <3