Chapter Thirty-One

Frank P.O.V

I cooed at the baby, as he stared up at me. I didn't want to get involved with whatever was about to happen with Gerard and his parents, but he knew- by me sitting close by- that I cared about him enough to have my presence known. It wasn't incredibly warm outside, not was it extremely cold, but I still made sure that Campbell's little body was safely wrapped up in his little white blanket. He never cried, not once since Mary's death, I supposed that it was that he had no idea about what had happened. Or that his little newborn mind was already slightly traumatised. I sighed, rocking him from side to side. I was fighting an almost overwhelming anxiety for Gerard, I just hoped and prayed that everything was going well for him.

I watched him and his parents hug, holding each other for a good five minutes. I breathed a huge sigh of relief, holding Campbell a little tighter. Things were going to be perfectly fine. His parents wouldn't disown him, or treat him any less than their eldest son. He deserved the respect, and all of the love from everybody that graced his path. Finding myself smiling, I looked down at our baby. He was scowling, so I scowled back at him. He certainly would be an interesting character- I knew that for sure. We would have to be careful, because if he began to show any signs of being like Mary's father- his father- then we surely would have to get him some help.

Looking up again, I saw that they were walking over to me. Butterflies began to scrape their wings around my insides, I stared down at the floor. I was terrified of meeting them, making a bad first impression. They stopped in front of me, whilst Gerard wiped stray tears from his eyes. He smiled, the tip of his nose a little red.

"Hi." I said awkwardly, looking up at his beaming parents. His mother's eyes instantly shot to Campbell, who was now sleeping. Or pretending to be sleeping.

"Who's this little angel?" Her gentle voice asked, I smiled as she knelt down in front of me, her wrinkled fingers brushing his chubby cheeks.

"This, is Campbell. He's my friend's baby- well, he's mine and Gerard's now. He's the quietest little thing I've ever met." I said, as she stood again. She held out her arms, longing to hold him. I obliged, allowing her to bond with him. They had just as much entitlement to him as we did, after all, they were his grandparents- if it was legal for us to raise a child or not, I didn't care. I would hide our family if I had to.

"He's gorgeous. He's so tiny, I don't even think you or Mikey were so small, Gerard. His skin is so soft as well." She smiled, rocking him from side to side. His dad looked over her shoulder, admiring Campbell's sweet face. He smiled, stroking his cheek. "You two are incredibly lucky, to have a quiet little boy like this. I expect that he won't be giving you two any trouble until he's a teenager." She smiled at me, chuckling with a sniffle. All three of them had cried during their hug, I knew it. They wouldn't have been disappointed with him, oh God no. They would've been upset that their son would have experienced so much hate, and prejudice- not directly, but those of the same sexuality as him. Me.

"So, what's your name young man? I hope that you'll treat my son well, and your baby as well." His dad asked, looking me in the eyes. His face was calm, eyes warm, a grin had broken out across his face.

"Uh, Frank. Frank Iero."
He held out his hand for me to shake, his grip firm. He nodded, smiling at me. He was scanning me, to see whether or not I was suitable for his son. He clearly came to a conclusion, nodding again.

"Nice to meet you son."

"Gerard, you can't raise a baby here. A motel is not a suitable environment. Will you stay with us? Until you find a home? Please?" His mom begged, her eyes bearing deep into his mind. He hesitated, looking down at his shoes, before looking back at his mother.

"Yeah- fine. You're right. I'll go out straight away tomorrow morning, I don't want Mikey's routine to be disturbed." He said, there was an upset twinge to his voice.

"Nonsense. If anything, Michael can go and stay with a friend if he has any problems- if he's going to cause upset to you both. I don't want any angst in my house whilst there's a baby living in it. We'll be happy to have you, won't we?" She said her last part to her husband, and he nodded in agreement. "Collect all of your things, we'll take the baby, if that's okay?" She suggested to us, Gerard looked at me.

"Okay." He said simply, peering down at Campbell. He kissed his forehead, he frowned in his sleep. I got up off the bench, toddling over to his mom. I kissed Campbell's cheek, watching as one of his blue eyes prize open. His mom cooed at him, wandering over to their car. Gerard slid next to me, wrapping an arm around me. He held me tightly, as we watched them drive from the motel parking lot.

"I love you." He said, as I rested my head against him.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Go Out by Blur

A.N
My boyfriend is sick, and I've never heard the man moan so darn much -_- I've not been able to update as often as I'd have liked this weekend, seeing as I've been comforting him XD
I have two endings, and a possible sequel so get excited??

Don't forget to comment and vote because it really helps me out ;)