Chapter Thirty-Eight

Frank P.O.V

I woke up shivering. Campbell had taken our bed, leaving Gerard and I to sleep in his armchair. I looked up at him, admiring his features as he slept. He looked so innocent, so beautiful. I smiled, nuzzling into his chest. His grip on me got tighter, one of his eyes opening lazily. "Why're you awake?" He mumbled sleepily.

"I'm cold." I pouted, he frowned. He was half asleep, and clearly of no use. He managed to get an arm out from under me, pointing to the closet. I nodded, stumbling over to it in the dark. Opening it as quietly as I could, there was an old quilt waiting patiently in there. I smiled, dragging it over to the chair, sitting back in Gerard's lap. He draped it over the both of us, holding me underneath it.

"Mom made it for us. She's cute like that." He said with closed eyes. I giggled, loving how cute he was in his sleepy state. I found myself able to drift back off to sleep.
~>•<~

I woke before Gerard again. Stretching my arms, I scanned the room. A thin beam of light managed to make its way into the room, casting a faint line on Campbell's face. He was awake, chewing on his fist. I smiled, moving Gerard's arm off me. I heard him rustling about, as he turned to face the back of the chair, curled up underneath the blanket. I picked the baby up, bouncing him a little.

"Somebody hungry?" I asked, watching his eyes light up. The funny thing about that boy was that he was reluctant to make any noise, unless something really was upsetting him. He was a quiet little boy, and I was quite okay with that. My siblings cried and cried and cried until my mom caved in and yelled. I sighed, carrying him from our room, leaving a little gap in the door so that if Gerard did wake, he wouldn't have thought that we had disappeared.

I carried him to the kitchen, putting him in a high chair. He liked to bang his fists against the tray, like a little drummer boy. Every time I turned around to frown at him, I got a little giggle here or there, the odd smile too. Today was different. He was still quiet. I didn't like it, but I dismissed it. I handed him his bottle, which he took with one hand, the other one sitting idly in the tray. I shrugged, stealing an apple from the fruit bowl. We made eye contact as he drank, as though we were reading each other's mind. I hoped to God that he wasn't a mute, but then again I was still grateful that Gerard and I would have a little family of our own. Even if our son was different.

"I wonder when your daddy's going to wake up." I said to him, watching him stop drinking. He put the bottle down to babble at me. I nodded along, as if I could understand him. He stuck his bottle back into his mouth, as I chuckled. He was a quirky little thing, but I was proud to call him my son.

Another hour or so passed by before Gerard surfaced. He hugged me in the middle of the kitchen rocking me from side to side, the way that he always did. Giggling, I handed him a mug. He nodded at me as he sat next to Campbell, who was already beginning to make loud baby noises.

"I'm sorry about my brother. I'm going to call my parents and tell them that he was over here. I'm sure that they'll be jut as confused as we are." He said, holding the warm mug between his hands.

"It's okay. I don't expect everybody in the world to understand us. I mean, being gay isn't normal yet. It probably won't be for some time. Society is old, and your brother doesn't understand us yet." I shrugged, leaning against the sink. Gerard nodded with me, drinking.

"You're right. I still need to talk to mom though, she'll be upset." He said. I nodded, sitting down opposite to him. He kicked me under the table, I retaliated. "It wasn't me." He laughed, setting the mug down on the table.

"Campbell, tell your dad to stop lying. Tell him it's bad." I said, looking at the little baby. He began to babble at me, I nodded like we were having an intelligent conversation.

"I'm sure he's-" Gerard began, before there was a knock at the door. He frowned, and the baby immediately stopped making his cutesy noises. Gerard and I looked at each other, dreading who it might be.

"Hope it's your mom, not your brother." I said, patting his hand. He nodded as his chair scraped backwards, he folded his arms, wandering out of the kitchen. I picked up the baby, bouncing him as I walked. I didn't want him to be alone this time, just in case it was his brother.

"I don't know, he came here last night." Gerard said, the door was open wide enough for me to see who to was. It was his mom, a worried look on her face. I stood next to Gerard, her face lighting up as she saw Campbell. She pinched the air, the baby's hands balled into fists. He sometimes did that when he was excited.

"What do you mean he came here last night?" She asked, as I welcomed her inside. She sat in the lounge, the baby on her knee.

"Yeah, he was standing in our garden, staring up at the baby's room. I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for the baby crying, he probably knew that there was somebody outside." Gerard said gravely, cracking his knuckles. I didn't know if that was because he was angry, or it was comforting him.

"What did he say to you?"

"Well, after he almost punched a hole through my door, he insisted that I was mentally ill and I needed help. And he was rude about Frank, and insisted that I was being cruel to the baby by having him in the house with us." He said, his body tensed. I didn't know anything about what Mikey had said to him, both of us were too tired for that.

"Oh honey, I am sorry for the way he was with you. He doesn't understand you, most people don't. I didn't even realise that he was gone. I don't expect him to understand, he's not your parent. I just want you two to be careful, just in case he comes back." She said sternly, Gerard and I nodded together, as her face twisted into a smile as Campbell began to babble to himself.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Mambo Sun by T.Rex

A.N
The fact that this story is coming to an end kinda makes me sad!!!

Don't forget to comment and vote, because it really helps me out <3