Chapter Twenty-Six

Gerard P.O.V

I had fallen asleep next to the baby's crib, my hand through the bars to let him know that he wasn't alone. The sun slipped into the room through the blinds, shining onto my face. I shielded my face, eyes squinting as I woke up. The house was silent, and that didn't sound promising. I sighed, standing, looking into the crib at the now awake baby. He smiled up at me, I chuckled, picking him up. I felt like he was already a huge part of my life, somebody that would love Frank and I unconditionally. A little boy to bring our families together. I rocked him gently for a moment, making a point of going downstairs to look at the mess that would no doubt be there.

The wooden stairs creaked beneath my feet, the baby cooing in my arms. I couldn't help but chuckle at him, he was such a happy baby. He had come into the world through such a difficult way, and still hadn't cried. Being almost a day old, I thought that that was something to be proud of. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, I felt a huge dread wash over me. Some of the furniture laid on the floor, some broken into pieces, glass photo frames smashed, making the faces inside them look distorted. There was a strong, chemical smell coming from the closed door in front of me. I sighed, closing my eyes, pushing the door open with my free hand. I heard somebody scrubbing a brush against the wooden floor, and the chemical smell was growing stronger.

"Frankie?" I called out, hoping that no harm had come to him last night. I was too far gone- sleep-wise- to hear any sounds, or other forms of commotion between him and Mary's father.

"Gee?" He called back, I hurried into the room where the sound was coming from. There was remnants of blood still on the wooden floor, even on the walls. I stepped closer to him, he looked up at me, a rag held up to his nose. There were little red patches on the rag, he pulled it away to reveal a bloody nose. I frowned, before he opened his mouth, "It doesn't hurt, I promise- well, anymore anyway."

"Did you- you know, kill him. There's lots of blood around." I said, looking around. Frank laughed, dropping the brush that he was scrubbing the floor with. He stood up, facing me, wiping his hands on his bloodstained pants. His finger lightly brushed the baby's cheek, the baby sighed whilst looking into his eyes.

"No. He was arrested Gerard, you and little Mister were asleep upstairs. I checked on you to make sure that you were both okay." Frank smiled at the baby, then looked up at me with that same smile. I grinned, happy that all dangers to the three of us had been eliminated. "Although he did punch me in the nose quite hard, I was kind of impressed afterwards at the amount of blood that came out." He laughed, raising an eyebrow.

"Does it hurt?" I asked, reaching out to touch his face with my free arm. He hissed in pain as my fingers collided with his skin. He recoiled quickly, pouting, his eyes almost on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I said over and over again. I gently set the baby down on the couch, his little arms still fighting with the blanket that I had tightly wrapped him in. I pulled Frank against my chest, rocking him from side to side. He wrapped his arms around my waist, nuzzling against my chest. It was safe to say that he was feeling emotionally better- but not completely. I suspected that it would take him months to get over Mary, with them being so close to each other. The baby would surely help him to cope, he would be quite the father.

"You know, he doesn't even have a name." I said, letting go of Frank so we could look at the baby. He was frowning, trying with all of his might to free his hands from the blanket prison. I laughed, pulling him from the blanket. The scowl disappeared as I picked him up, placing him in Frank's arms. Frank breathed in, like he was surprised. I smiled, happy that he could finally hold our baby.

"We could always call him Frank Jr." He joked, laughing loudly at the look of disbelief spread unevenly across my face. I shook my head, if we were going to name him after anybody it would be after me.

"We can think about it on the way back to the motel. We need to collect our stuff. I'm going to call my mom and ask if we can stay there until we find a place to live. A motel is no place to raise a baby." I said, tapping Frank gently on the nose. He smiled at me, before smiling down at the little boy in his arms. I knew that the baby would work a charm on him- I knew him too well.

I gave Frank the keys so that he could wait in the car for me whilst I got some things for the baby. I jogged up the creaking stairs, bag in hand, back into the nursery. I threw the clothes from the drawers into the bag, rounding up bottles and the little toys that Mary had bought for her baby. On my way out of the house, I stopped. My feet had stopped at a smashed frame, I bent down to pick it up. The picture was of Mary, it was a recent photograph. I took it from the frame, being careful to avoid the shards of glass that threatened to attack my fingertips. I placed it into the bag, closing the front door behind me.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- El Infièl by Marvellous Toy

A.N
Long time no update! I really do apologise. Because of all of my exams coming up (all 21 of them) I have literally no time to spare- the time I do have to spare goes towards me sleeping XD

Anyway, lemme know what you think?? How do you think the story's gonna end?? Also, don't forget to vote because it really helps me out ;)