Chapter Sixteen

Frank P.O.V

"Nothing. Nothing." He waved away my question, taking another sip from his beer. I frowned, knowing too well that that wasn't the case. After seeing him upset night or so ago, I knew damn well that he was sad about something. I wanted to know what it was, adoring the idea of being his shoulder to cry on; he sure needed one.

"Gerard, please don't lie to me. Let me help you." I pleaded, trying not to reach for his hand, to hold his hand tighter than anybody ever would. He looked down at the ground, trying to avoid any eye contact with me. I sighed, reaching for his hand. His skin was soft and warm, he didn't resist my embrace. I held onto him tightly, slowly coaxing him into looking me in the eye. He opened his mouth to speak, then closed it again. I cocked my head to the side, showing him that I was more than ready to listen. I wanted to listen.

"I-I'm not lying to you Frank, it's nothing. It shouldn't have even been a thought. I- I apologise for even implying that there was a problem." He shook his head, taking yet another sip from his beer. Yet, he didn't move his hand. I knew that he had been waiting for me to embrace him properly, lovingly. I couldn't help but feel like I loved him, even though I hadn't known him for too long. He seemed like a loyal man, and he just needed somebody to spoil with his loyalties. I smiled, trying to lure him from his bad mood. I pouted playfully, mocking him. He looked at me from the corner of his eye, the neck of the bottle close to his face. His lip quivered, trying to curl into a smile- I knew it.

"Hey, Grumpy Way, I know that you're trying to smile. Your lip's twitching." I teased, moving my body so that I could be in his line of vision. He smiled, looking down at the floor again. I let go of his hand to turn his head to face me, leaning across the table. He frowned, looking at my hand. "Don't call me Grumpy Way." He drank the rest of his beer in a huge gulp, setting it carefully down on the table. He looked at me, care and adoration in his eyes. He was dying to say something, I could sense it, but he didn't know how. Maybe after a few drinks I'll be able to bring an answer out of him, I thought to myself, grinning. It was a flawless plan- what could've gone wrong?

I placed my glass to my lips, whiskey was by far my favourite. An acquired taste- from stealing it from my dad's cupboard for many years, "Beer?" I asked, standing up, grabbing his empty bottle by the neck. He went to say something, before closing his mouth again, simply nodding. I smiled, turning my back on him. I loved his quiet and secretive nature, I wanted to draw him out of his comfort zone. His gentlemanly comfort zone.
~>•<~

I bought beer after beer, and I watched his emotional barriers come tumbling down. We laughed over nothing, he couldn't help touching my skin. I wanted to bring this character- this lively, angelic character- to consciousness more often. Instead of him becoming sadder and sadder as the seconds passed. I gazed into his eyes, and him into mine.

"Frank?" He asked, brow furrowed, lips pouting.

"Uhuh?" I took a huge gulp from my bottle.

"I think I've realised two things tonight. Number one," he said, holding up his index finger, " I'm gay, and I'm totally okay with it too. I couldn't be any happier. And, number two," he said, his middle finger now joining his index finger, "I know that we don't know each other very much- at all even, but I'm in love with you. I- I never stop thinking about you. I can't stop thinking about you." He continued to frown, as butterflies took over my stomach. He took hold of my hand, rubbing his thumb across the back of it. I bit my bottom lip as a familiar feeling in my underpants threatened to give away all of my excitement. I didn't expect any of that at all- it would've been an added bonus.

"You do?" I found myself saying, my eyes threatening to spew out tears of happiness. He nodded his head, looking around the bar. It was thriving, full to the brim with oddly interesting people. People like us- I might add.

"What's not to like? You've got a great voice, you're beautiful and you make me laugh when I'm upset." He said, squeezing my cheek. I held his hand against my face, staring into his eyes again.

"I try my best." I said sarcastically, listening to his schoolgirl giggle.

"I'm glad. It makes me happy." He admitted, looking around the room. I had no idea what time it was, but I knew that I wanted to leave with him- wherever he was going. "Do you want to go back to my room? I have more whiskey." He said, raising an eyebrow. He knew exactly how to lure me into any trap- with whiskey, and his company. I nodded quickly as he stood up, handing me his coat.

"I'm not cold." I said simply, holding it back out in his direction.

"Well, you won't be in a few minutes." He teased jokingly, linking my arm after I had put on his expensive, tailor-made coat.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Call It What You Want by Foster The People

A.N
Did everybody have a good Christmas?? I had a mediocre one for some reason- like honestly idk what went wrong :/

Ah wellllll...
Lemme know what you think?? Don't forget to vote because it helps me out a bunch ;)