Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2 

My two days left of freedom went by so quickly. I was now at Portland airport ready to fly all across America to California. This was the first time I was leaving Maine, my hometown, and I was excited for that. I couldn't wait to leave and explore another place although I doubt I would get time to explore another city. My family; Aunt Rose, Josh and Sophie were here to say goodbye. I had already said goodbye to Josh and Aunt Rose but Sophie had me locked in her freakishly strong arms of hers, especially for a thirteen old.

"I'm going to miss you, Annie."

I smiled back at her, "I'm going to miss you to, but I'll be back soon sweetie. They probably won't like me and will send me straight back home."

She gave me a look, "No, you have to stay, you have to stay and you have to marry Xavier Matthews."

I chuckled, "I doubt that would happen sweetie, but I guess I'll try."

She gave me her famous puppy dog look, "Promise?"

I sighed, regretting as soon as I said, "I promise."

After that, they let me go, and I boarded the plane with my tiny hand luggage which held my iPod Classic, my kindle, and Papua cream.

Within three hours on the flight I had fallen asleep to Resolution by Matt Corby and the story Paper Towns by John Green.

I felt a slight tug on my shoulder and looked up to see a caked face flight hostess.

"We've arrived in LA," she said in an extremely thick American accent.

My eyes fluttered open to see the dimmed cabin of the aeroplane. I made my way out of the plane and once picking my bag up from the baggage check went out to the main part of the airport. Out of about twenty people holding signs, there were three men dressed in suits who looked like FBI agents. One of them was holding a sign with my name on it. I gulped before making my way over.

As I approached him he gave me a look over and asked, "Annabelle Kennedy?"

"In the flesh,"

I think he rolled his eyes at my answer but I couldn't tell as his shades were covering his eyes.

"We just have to wait a moment miss for two other girls who were on your flight."

I sigh but stand patiently next to him.

Five minutes pass when I see some blonde girl making a scene. She was wearing pink stilettos with a check pink mini skirt and white tank top. Her bleach blonde hair was straight but fell messily down. All in all she was gorgeous, except for the fact that her face was caked in make up and looked like Regina George and Paris Hilton put together.

"I'm Lindsay Norman," she said in an ever so snobby voice.

I sighed, "this is what I'm going to have to deal with," I think to myself.

I see the FBI guys look at each other before one of them shakes his head. I smirk to myself knowing what's going on in their heads.

After another few minutes, which I listened to Lindsay complain constantly about what was taking the other girl so long, I zoned out until I saw a beautiful African-American girl making her way towards us. Her eyes were lit with amusement and she just screamed humour. I knew she was going to be a nice girl instantly.

When she reached us she said, "I'm sorry I took so long. There was a drug bust right in front of me and the police wouldn't let me through." She swept her hand through her dark curly hair.

One of the guys chuckled, "That's alright Ms. Carter. We are in no rush."

I knew he said that just to spite Lindsay.